Roku Streambar Help needed!

CMPaul

Novice Member
Hi all. I'm looking for some help and hoping someone out there may have a solution to an issue I am having with a Roku Streambar connected to my Panasonic HZ980b.

The Streambar is connected via ARC and when I initially turn the TV on there is an issue in which the Roku picture cannot settle on the correct aspect ratio and flashes between a black screen and the Roku home page. The only way to resolve it is to switch the TV to another source (eg Freeview) and then back to the hdmi source. At this point the picture settles.

I've tried all sorts to stop this happening, including swapping out hdmi leads and even changing hdmi ports and using the supplied audio cable instead. Still the picture keeps flicking whenever I turn on the TV.

I exchanged the Streambar for another one but still get the same problem which makes me think the issue is with the TV, though I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Interestingly, disabling Viera Link stops the picture from flickering however I am then losing a lot of functionality, which I do not want to do.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Maybe not with these specific devices but a similar problem?

I'm at my whits end trying to figure this out.

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom