ROKU M1000 sound bridge help required!

shahedz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
after posting a thread already saying how happy i was with and how easy to set up i obviously spoke too soon!!

when i turn on the unit from standby for some reason it doesnt connect to th musice server, it says music server connection failed!

but when i do a system reset, it then connects fine no problems, unitl i turn it off again

any ideas?

It might be worth posting this problem in your original thread :)

Hi,

LOL… if you can answer these questions it may give me a heads-up
1. what version of Itunes are you running (if version 5.0 update to v5.0.1 as a few people have been reporting problems)
2. What OS (Operating system) are you running i.e. win xp, mac etc and at what service pack/revision level
3. just to confirm … are you running the roku wired/wireless
4. Have you updated the roku firmware to the latest version (doing this can solve a number of problem particularly with netgear routers
5. are you running a firewall on the pc/mac e.g McAfee firewall/windows firewall
6. Is the music server A DHCP CLIENT (if so I suggest giving it a static IP)
7. When the soundbridge fails to connect hat is its ip address if its ) 169.254.xxx.xxx then there is a problem between the WAP and the ROKU)
8. take a look at http://www.rokulabs.com/support/sbaccesspoints.php as this may help with some incompatibility issues

sorry for the list of questions but this info will help me to trouble shoot things for you

Lea

hinesle said:
Hi,

LOL… if you can answer these questions it may give me a heads-up
1. what version of Itunes are you running (if version 5.0 update to v5.0.1 as a few people have been reporting problems)
2. What OS (Operating system) are you running i.e. win xp, mac etc and at what service pack/revision level
3. just to confirm … are you running the roku wired/wireless
4. Have you updated the roku firmware to the latest version (doing this can solve a number of problem particularly with netgear routers
5. are you running a firewall on the pc/mac e.g McAfee firewall/windows firewall
6. Is the music server A DHCP CLIENT (if so I suggest giving it a static IP)
7. When the soundbridge fails to connect hat is its ip address if its ) 169.254.xxx.xxx then there is a problem between the WAP and the ROKU)
8. take a look at http://www.rokulabs.com/support/sbaccesspoints.php as this may help with some incompatibility issues

sorry for the list of questions but this info will help me to trouble shoot things for you

Lea

ahh my saviour!! cheers for the reply lea
to your questiosn above
1) i think i am running version 5 will check when i get home and download the latest version.
2) win XP2 service pack 2 with all up todate updates
3)ROKU is wireless
4) ROKU has been updated to latest firmware (new clock feature rocks!)
5) no software firewall although the netgear has a built in one
6)i think i have given it a static ip. below are the details

LAN IP Setup

LAN TCP/IP Setup

IP Address . . .
IP Subnet Mask . . .
RIP Direction None Both In only Out only
RIP Version Disabled RIP_1 RIP_2B RIP_2M

Use Router as DHCP Server
Starting IP Address . . .
Ending IP Address . . .

Address Reservation
# IP Address Device Name Mac Address
1 192.168.0.2 ROKU 00:10:C6:4A:F1:B4

7) will check the IP when i get home when it fails to connect
8)been there! was left even more confused!!

will answer the rest when i get home! i appreciate your help big time,
feel like the kid at xmas who breaks his toy within hours of getting it! and only works half the time now!!

cheers
shahed

Does the music server (i.e the PC running ITunes) have a static IP if not I would suggest giving it one (as opposed to the roku that should not matter to much).

Can you also let me know the signal strength of the roku (its in the menu somewhere)

Also take a look at the windows firewall settings (for itunes and bonjour) they should look something like the attachment (I have used paint to blank all my other settings for security so don’t worry about that).

Will not have time later tonight to check back for your updates but will do tomorrow.

hinesle said:
Does the music server (i.e the PC running ITunes) have a static IP if not I would suggest giving it one (as opposed to the roku that should not matter to much).

Can you also let me know the signal strength of the roku (its in the menu somewhere)

Also take a look at the windows firewall settings (for itunes and bonjour) they should look something like the attachment (I have used paint to blank all my other settings for security so don’t worry about that).

Will not have time later tonight to check back for your updates but will do tomorrow.
ahhh. i'll try giving the PC a static IP when i get home,
the signal strength was 46 when i checked last night ,
and the router and the ROKU are in the same room

my windows firewall is deactivated!! i cant find your attchement!

cheers!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom