Bargain Expired Roksan Kandy K3 - £1300 reduced £399

Hixs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It says free next day delivery.

A webstore that doesn't deliver would be a very odd phenomena.

Missed out 'to france'.

There are TWO other Roksan DAC with similar discounts. Either they are coming out with new models or they are getting out of the DAC business.

The previous link was to the CHARCOAL Model, here are the Opium (£1300/£399) and the Anthracite (£1300/£499) -

Roksan Kandy K3 Opium Digital To Analogue Converter - DACs - AudioVisual Online

Roksan Kandy K3 Anthracite Digital To Analogue Converter - DACs - AudioVisual Online

Given that they all look Identical, I'm going to assume these are Three Color variations.

Optical/Coaxial/USB/XLR inputs,
and 2xPair-RCA out and 1xPair-XLR out.

Steve/bluewizard

If you want to buy one and ship it to me I’ll happily forward it to France with the courier of your choice sir.

Seems a hell of a bargain.

I'll check finances and get back to you.

Given that they all look Identical, I'm going to assume these are Three Color variations.
They are. I added them to site when I was working in the showroom. They are a great product, but I do remember having fun listing them on the website as not all Roksan's colour options were available, So I'd to create two of the illustrations from the Amp and CD player. It was a real pain. At least they look OK :laugh: or at least I think they look OK :eek:

Cheers that's very useful. I'll hold off for now. 2 cats with gingivitis in the vets next week...that's not going to be cheap. Maybe come payday if the deal is on still.

It was a strange product line up. if I’m not mistaken, they have a K3 CD player, and also a K3 CD player with DAC (of the externally accessible variety).

Which rather renders the standalone dac, and the standalone cd, products a little defunct when each unit was the same £1399 price...

Great buy though at this price.

Why K3 DAC price is dropping so hard ? now 1/3rd from year ago.

is it going to be reviewed in ASR ;)

Any user experiences guys ? I'm actually thinking of getting one.

Why K3 DAC price is dropping so hard ? now 1/3rd from year ago.

is it going to be reviewed in ASR ;)

Any user experiences guys ? I'm actually thinking of getting one.

@Rambles may be able to help

Yes, I've bought one, it sounds fantastic to me. It is just the sound I like, warm, laid back, definitely not bright, lots of detail and separation. I really like it.

Yep, I’ve bought one too, as a partner to the K3 CD player. I did consider the all in one variant, but the chap in the hi fi shop I purchased the CDP from reckoned that better results would be gained from having a separate DAC as opposed to a built-in one. Whether or not he’s correct, who knows, and I certainly don’t really care as I’m delighted with how it sounds.

While the CDP is a leap ahead of the Marantz CD6000ose it replaced, the addition of the DAC was night and day - even clearer, more defined, and somehow more ‘tight’.

In short, at this price I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend one.

Yep, I’ve bought one too, as a partner to the K3 CD player. I did consider the all in one variant, but the chap in the hi fi shop I purchased the CDP from reckoned that better results would be gained from having a separate DAC as opposed to a built-in one. Whether or not he’s correct, who knows, and I certainly don’t really care as I’m delighted with how it sounds.

While the CDP is a leap ahead of the Marantz CD6000ose it replaced, the addition of the DAC was night and day - even clearer, more defined, and somehow more ‘tight’.

In short, at this price I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend one.
I’m currently using my Oppo UDP-203 as Disk and DAC (it has the AKM AK4458VN chipset), then routing via analogue out to my Roksan K3 stereo amplifier.

I’m wondering if anyone had a view on whether the K3 DAC at this bargain price would be an improvement?

My other current upgrade itch is that I have to use my Yamaha RX-A3060 for its Tidal app to access streaming (a big thanks to Oppo for removing Tidal from the new 4K universal players!). The Yamaha uses the ESS sabre 9016 chip set and I set to ‘pure direct’ mode to attempt to offset/negate the AVR processing and interference.

Same question again therefore; would a K3 DAC be superior than this implementation of the ESS9018 in the AVR? (assuming I then also just add on a basic streamer from the Yamaha range and remove the AVR from proceedings altogether)

Cheers for any thoughts, direct, abstract or otherwise! :)

PS yes I will home demo, but just limited on free time due to kids, so I’m polling all your megabrains for war stories and input ;-)

There are two versions of the ess sabre chips, the Q/K2M and the PRO which are quite different so depends on which it has.

Also worth noting that although the dac chip does have some effect on the sound signature it is the other electronics around it that typically make a bigger difference.

There are two versions of the ess sabre chips, the Q/K2M and the PRO which are quite different so depends on which it has.

Also worth noting that although the dac chip does have some effect on the sound signature it is the other electronics around it that typically make a bigger difference.
Cheers Ugg. I might be wrong, but I was under the impression the K2m tend to lend themselves more towards the mobile/small form footprint DACs with the PRO going into the larger full size devices.
Totally agree on what you say about the ‘surrounding’ electronics - that’s what I was eluding too when I mentioned the ‘implementation’ of the particular chip set.

Hard to know I guess - it’s a real rabbit hole to go down!

I’m currently using my Oppo UDP-203 as Disk and DAC (it has the AKM AK4458VN chipset), then routing via analogue out to my Roksan K3 stereo amplifier.

I’m wondering if anyone had a view on whether the K3 DAC at this bargain price would be an improvement?)

Jonno - my offer still stands - if ever you find yourself up North pop in and I’ll let you have a listen to mine.

Just purchased the K3 dac, first dac so new to connection process,manual is telling me to download the drivers from the Roksan website first before I connect dac to pc....but I cant find any mention of this on there website....can any body steer me in the right direction :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom