Bargain Roksan Kandy K3 - £1300 reduced £399

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by Hixs, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Hixs

Hixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,025
    I did a fair bit of research on DACs (weeks upon weeks of vids/spec sheets!)when I was looking to purchase a Yamaha AS1100 and the M-DAC was very very highly regarded. I would say it's deffo a sideways step.

2. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Thanks, Paul and Hixs I was wondering if it was a sideways move and you have both confirmed that. Back to searching. Hixs the proc-mode is working perfectly on my A49. I hope you get your buzzing sorted with your Arcam A38. Arcam amp service charge has jumped again, was £140 when was fully British, then taken over by a Candian company jumped to £336 and now Harman Kardon has taken them over the service has jumped to £460.

3. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Anybody thinking of buying one of these Dac off Audiovisual if you sign up to their AV club what is free to join, you get £5 off any purchase a £100 and over or free Sat and Sun next day delivery.

4. Hixs

Hixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,025
    Glad to hear it!

The ebay seller offered to take it back and ship it back to Arcam for inspection under the 6 month warranty he offers, but I think I got it sorted. Seems like the RCA was picking up interference from another cable. The Arcam still makes the speaker hummmm far more audibly then the AVR ever did though. Not ideal, but I'll live with it.

5. potshot

potshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    I am glad you have it fixed, the A49 is silent, no hum. Turn it up to 90 out of 100 with no source you get a very slight hiss. The A49 doesn't have it's volume in db it's 0 to 100.

6. norliss

norliss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +204
    At £399 this is tempting. Can anyone verify if it accepts 176.4 PCM? I ask because I've found there to be a number of devices that state 'up to 192' but for some reason they don't support 176.4....