Question Roksan Kandy K2. Could I upgrade?

patton

Hi, i have been a proud owner of a Roksan Kandy K2 for 7 years and love the amp, however the H-Fi bug has started to kick in and i am wondering if i can get a better amp for around 1k?

I have been looking at the Rega Elicit and Elex R.

I know the Elicit-R is the more expensive but can get it at around 1k

The Roksan is a bit of a legend and was wondering if i would see any improvement over this the the Rega amps?

i mainly listen to Heavy Metal, Rock, 80's and Grunge

Any ideas?

Dank Towel

Standard Member
Hi, i have been a proud owner of a Roksan Kandy K2 for 7 years and love the amp, however the H-Fi bug has started to kick in and i am wondering if i can get a better amp for around 1k?

I have been looking at the Rega Elicit and Elex R.

I know the Elicit-R is the more expensive but can get it at around 1k

The Roksan is a bit of a legend and was wondering if i would see any improvement over this the the Rega amps?

i mainly listen to Heavy Metal, Rock, 80's and Grunge

Any ideas?
Prior to buying my Bow Technologies ZZ One I had a Krell integrated amp it was superb not sure what they go for on e-bay but they drove my JBL's very well in fact I always said the system rocked.

gibbsy

As an Elicit owners I'll always recommend it. Plenty of power with 105 watts into 8 ohms and it's control over speakers, especially bass, is very good indeed. It's a quick amp easily moving between the most manic of music without missing a beat. If you can go for the Elicit over the Elex as the Elicit will give you HT by-pass ability should you ever need it.

lee711

I have replaced my Kandy MKIII with an Arcam SA20 and I'm very impressed, a definite step in the right direction and money well spent, drives my B&W 603 s2 with ease and sounds great.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED First Thoughts + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 Review, TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom