Roksan Kandy K2 CD v Cyrus CD6SE CD

Georgie Burgess

Standard Member
Reaction score
Which of those would you guys choose? Will be partnering with Roksan Kandy K2 amp and B&W 685's in a 18ft x 14ft room. My musical tastes include Editors, Elbow, Foals, Feist, Sigur Ros, Beth Orton to name but a few. Punchy would be a good choice of word for the way I like my music to sound. Hope to finalise purchase this week. Cyrus gets a few rave reviews. No chance of demo-ing any of this as it's just not possible in Ireland!!! :lease:

i'm no expert but i've read loads of reviews on both of these you mention and the conclusion seems to be if you want an intense listening experiance then go for the cyrus. the roksan seems to be the second best cd player at that price point behind the cyrus cd6se. the roksan offers a more relaxing listen!

Not heard much Cyrus kit, but the stuff I've heard just isn't for me at all.

I've heard the Roksan stuff and it's nice. I would stick with Roksan. I feel it sounds leagues ahead.

It's a great pity you are unable to hear both CD players in a shoot out. They are both exceptionally good players BUT they both have a very different presentation. On pure sound my opinion goes to the Cyrus ( I run Cyrus at home), I listen to both regularly if not daily but depending on speakers and amp. I sometimes really enjoy the Roksan, especialy when partnered with the K2 Amp.
Regards

to clive197, i'm seriously thinking about the cyrus cd6se with the roksan kandy k2. what presentation will i get in your opinon? i'm also the proud owner of a pair of B&W 685's, will these be able to do this kit justice?

I listened for 2 1/2 hrs to the Cyrus 6 SE amp, CD, K2 amp and CD in various combinations of amp/CD.
The K2 amp and Cyrus 6SE CD (with what I had then, Monitor Audio RS6 speakers) definitely was by far the better combination. Yes, the kit doesn't match visually, but sounds much better than sticking to the Cyrus kit because it looked good!

12 months on, went looking for better CD definition. Tried a Cyrus CD 8. Better, but then I tried the DAC-X with the CD 6SE - what a massive improvement. The new level of openess and detail had me sitting in the demo room, jaw dropped down. If you're considering how to upgrade the K2 amp / 6 SE combo, then think about auditioning the DAC-X (now the DAC-X+).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom