Roksan K2 speakers upgrade from Dynaudio DM 2/7

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by remal, Feb 1, 2014.

1. remal

remal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need advice for new speakers for my Roksan Kandy K2. Room size is about 25 square meters. My music source is PC and Musical Fidelity V-DAC II with Chord Cobra IC.

I listen many music genres like Rock, metal, acid jazz, chillout and pop. I sold my my Dynaudio's DM 2/7 which proven in calm music genres. Also had not enought punch bass in my room size with K2.

I'm looking for new ones (standmounts or floorstanders) which create synergy with my current amp and give advice with rock and metal music too. My budget is up to 800 pounds for used or new speakers.

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,212
    £800/pr is kind of an odd range, typically you need to be a bit more or a bit less. It is going to be hard to exceed the general quality of Dynaudio, though you should have no problem getting very good speakers for that money.

25 square meters doesn't tell us much, we really need the room dimensions. But if we use the square root, then about 5 meters on a side or about 17 feet. That's fair, but not huge. Also, is this a closed room, or an open floor plan? That can make a difference. If you listening area is 5m x 5m but the room is larger that implies you will have no problem with large or larger speakers. If it is a closed 5m x 5m room, that implies slightly smaller floorstanding speakers.

So, here are some suggestions -

£730/pr = Dali Zensor 7 (2x 7" bass, 40hz @ -3dB, ~33hz to 35hz @ -6dB)
    £700/pr = B&W 684 (2x 6.5" bass, 44hz @ - 3dB)
    £595/pr = Wharfedale Diamond 157 (2x 6.5", 1x 5" mid, 40hz @ -3dB)
    £850/pr = Wharfedale Diamond 159 (2x 8", 1x 5" mid, 35hz @ -3dB)

These are all very common speakers, available all up and down the country side, so you shouldn't have a problem auditioning them.

A pretty exceptional speaker, though above your budget, would be the Dali Ikon 6; very sweet, very clear speaker with good bass, but priced at £999/pr -

Dali Ikon 6 MkII Speakers (Pair) for £999.00 in Speakers

Others to consider are the Monitor Audio BX6, Kef Q500, Mission MX6, and a few others. I would say at or near your price range, the Diamond 157 and the Dali Zensor 7 are a good place to start.

Steve/bluewizard

3. remal

remal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for suggestions.

This is living room with kitchenette - 6m x 2.5m open space connected with two anterooms 1.5m x 2.5m and 4.5m x 1.5m.

I'm looking more for used speaker for higher class model for lower price. So it can be speakers which cost 1000-1200£ as new.

4. remal

remal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally I bought used pair of Dynaudio's Focus 160 for 700£. I'm really happy with their sound and synergy with my K2.

I can highly recommend them for Roksan amp.