1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roksan dvd/Caspian dsp/ 5 channel amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by musicman, Nov 1, 2002.

1. musicman

musicman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying a Roksan av system does anyone have experience of them.

cheers
    musicman

2. warrj

warrj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the DSP and and power amp. I haven't heard (or seen) the DVD so I couldn't really comment (although it does seem quite expensive for a player which doesn't appear to excel)

The DSP should primarily be regarded as a high quality stereo pre-amp which also happens to be an AV processor. I'm guessing that it's pitched at hi-fi people who also wish to do the surround sound thing but who are more prepared to compromise on the latter than the former. The power amp is IMHO a bargain. It's powerful and transparent. Both pieces are well-made and look gorgeous.

I'm shortly going to be upgrading (prolly to a Tag + Arcam P7). If you're interested in buying a second hand pair (in perfect nick) then let me know.

Regards,

Jules.

3. musicman

musicman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks warrj, had a change of heart on this liked the power amp, but not sure about the dsp.

musicman