1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rogue Squadron 3, whose played it ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by stewarthollyhea, Nov 11, 2003.

1. stewarthollyhea

stewarthollyhea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Both the IGN and Gamespot reviews gave it quite a mixed reception. Saying that the walking parts were clumsy andreally ruined the game. Do you concur?

Is there any difference with the UK version, have they improved this ?

2. Toole

Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I'm playing the PAL UK version of the game and can definately agree that the out of vehicle walk around parts of the game just don't feel right at all.

They feel very 'tacked on' - and the controls are nowhere near refined enough. Getting through these levels is more of a case of luck than skill, to be honest :(

Saying that though, there's still alot of good points in the game. The flying missions are even better than the last game, plus there's a great speederbike mission on Endor (basically recreating the action from Return of the Jedi).

And on top of all this the multiplayer modes are fantastic - I still can't believe that the entire previous game has been included on the disc as a co-operative bonus! It's fantastic.

So I would say the game is definately worth playing, you just have to grit your teeth and struggle through the 'on foot' missions - but if you can look past this one problem, the rest of the game is heavily improved over the previous one and is even more fun if you have a friend handy :D

3. stewarthollyhea

stewarthollyhea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol im so confused i like to try and keep my games collection to classic games and this kind of is and kind of isnt

4. Toole

Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah that's true...

At times this game will have you grinning from ear to ear like any other great game would - then at other times you'll be shouting at the screen, cursing the damn stupid controls as Luke Skywalker stands 2 feet away from the nearest stormtrooper but continually manages to miss hitting him :mad:

The real problem here is the engine was designed for the 'feel' of vehicles (and mainly flying vehicles at that), so when you start out on foot the character tends to slide everywhere like he's on ice-skates - doing something simple like dashing for cover in a door way while under fire can be an almost impossible task, as you slide into one wall, then slide past the doorway into the other wall, etc.. it CAN be really frustrating.

But like I said before, I do feel the rest of the game has made up for this, in fact it's hard for me to consider the game as being even remotely unplayable, due to the wealth of excellent content versus just a handful of rather poor missions.

5. Geezer

Geezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I own it but have only played the single player game for about 15 minutes. (hooked on Fzero :smashin: )

I totally agree with everything that has been said the walking bits are dreadfull. But the rest it top notch, definatley worth a purchase

6. monsta2003

monsta2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bought on friday, played over the weekend, im taking it back.

the on-foot sections are poor, the flying sections are too easy, its not an improvement on the previous version. if you own the original version then id say stick with that. having said that its highly polished and is star wars