Rogue .HMT Ghost USB file titles.

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by kar999, Jul 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kar999

kar999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I posted this a couple of years ago and the solution link is now dead. I am using my old caddy now due to the Olympic recording problem.. and advice as to how fix would be appreciated.

OLD original Post:

I upgraded my Humax HDR hard drive some time ago (before the firmware update) and copied the files from the old drive across via Slax onto my new 1TB drive. My original drive is now in a USB caddy with it's original files still on there. I've since deleted the files I've watched off the new drive but some still remain on the old caddy drive.

If I connect this caddy I can see and play the old files OK. When I disconnect it and view the media list for the player HDD I can still see the old USB files in the Media list under the HDD section. If I come to play them it obviouisly wont do so. The only way to remove them from the player HDD media list is to delete these "phantom" files.

I've tried a factory reset but these phantom files still keep reappearing everytime I switch the USB drive back on making the player HDD media list a bit of a nonsense.

Edit: I now have custom firmware installed and deleting them via Samba doesn't provide a permanent solution. They reappear on the meain box media list every time the caddy is turned on and then stay there.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    Which file extensions appear for each recording?
    Do they appear in the WebIf media list?
    What happens if you delete them via the WebIf media list?

3. kar999

kar999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Railway Walks_20090204_2029.hmt 2KB

This is the only file that appears in the HDD video directory.

The same file, amongst main files, is 6kb long on the caddy directory \sda3\video\

I can only see the parent directory in "browse media files" on the custom firmware GUI page. There are no visible files under the parent directroy. (Webif only shows channel lists so I assume you mean the browse feature above)

You cant delete the parent directory in the browse feature.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    You are better off looking at the folder with ftp or telnet which will show the full contents rather than a list based upon the presence of one or more file types.

What you describe is very curious.
    You mentioned a previous solution before - can you remember anything about it?

5. kar999

kar999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    I have seen the poster name somewhere else (another forum perhaps) - he has not posted here for a while - try sending him a PM his email may still be current.
    Looks to me like you the foxsat got confused which device the recording was on.

7. kar999

kar999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    When I upgraded I left the files on the old 320GB drive (now in the caddy) and copied them thru Slax onto the new 1TB drive. so it was a mirror.

All new archived recordings transfered are OK. It's only old stuff that was on the original disk before being taken out of the HDR that keeps wanting to be shown on the new 1TB. It's as if there is some record on the new drive that remembers it originally had the recording.

I'll try and track that guy down.

8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +456
    One Idea - using the WebIf Browse Media - go to a caddy programme. Use rename (leave the name as is) this should correct the HMT file which contains the path to the .ts. I think that may be what causes the problem.

9. kar999

kar999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    You might be onto something. It worked with a directory on the caddy with just one file in it but didnt when I renamed a directory with 4 or more episodes in it. I might have to do them individually and reboot each time.

10. kar999

kar999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Done it... I didnt have to do them individually but I hadn't deleted the ghost file first on the main box which might have made a difference. Anyway they are all gone now and a reboot and a flick between devices (usually what triggers the ghosts to reappear) reveals all is clear.

Many thanks!