1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rogers LS4a - worth keeping?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by theo cupier, Sep 20, 2004.

1. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    I'm very attached to my old pair of Rogers LS4a speakers, in my current system. I'm thinking about upgrading to AV by ditching my current Musical Fidelity B1 amp for a Yamaha DSP-AX750SE.

My question is whether the Rogers speakers will be up to the job as my main front speakers in the surround setup? I hope so, since I like their sound! What are good rear and centre speakers to get with this setup?

Or do the Rogers really need to go? The finances are not unlimited for this upgrade, so keeping the LS4a pair would maybe help with the budget elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    If you still like the sound,keep them until,or if,you find something significantly better.
    Given the sound of the Roger's brand in general,you'll want something pretty civilised,and smooth,and it may be worth you taking a look at some of Spendor's speakers in your price range,which were broadly similar in terms of sound quality,and a very close rival when both companies were active.
    Try also B&W,although the overall balance may be a little bright.

Whatever you decide on,be sure to listen to as many as possible,with the system you have,and in your own home

The following link may also be of interest
    http://www.mhennessy.f9.co.uk/rogers/index.htm

3. theo cupier

theo cupier

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Thanks Alex, I'll look into the Spendor - haven't liked B&W in the past. Realise this is OT for a 'speakers' forum, but do you think the Yamaha amp will be a good replacement for the B1 amp?