Roger Waters- in the flesh dvd

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have the album and went to see him at the Manchester arena, however I opted to buy the Gilmour DVD instead. Although the Gilmour DVD is ok, the concert lacked any energy so after watching it I swapped it for ITF.

If you dont have this, you are missing out, even if you arent a PF fan you cannot fail to be impressed with the concert. The sound quality is the best I have heard and no lip synch problems (so it is possible, after all :) ).

The whole band is fantastic and the backing singers are exceptional. Buy it at all costs.

Its just as good as Donny Darko.;)

karkus30 - I have both these disks & agree with you that the DG show is a bit "tame" - I also dont think the sound quality of the 5.1 is up to much (DG produced it so I guess that's how he wanted it to sound?)
The 5.1 on ITFL is much better and although I dont really like most of RW's own material the PF stuff is superb - I like both Snowy White & Doyle Bramall II as guitarists and they really shine ... Paul ;)

Originally posted by PaulBoy

The 5.1 on ITFL is much better and although I dont really like most of RW's own material the PF stuff is superb - I like both Snowy White & Doyle Bramall II as guitarists and they really shine ... Paul ;)

You crazy diamond, you. RW stuff takes a bit of getting used to, but remember he is mainly responsible for Dark side of a spoon and the Wall.

One song thats been getting to me in the last few weeks, has been a song from The Wall called ' when the tigers broke free '. First time I listened to the song, it didnt register, but after 2 or 3 listenings I cant get through it without getting a lump in my throat. Not sure why it has this effect, I have never known anyone in any wars, never mind knowing anyone that has been killed in one.

RW is the main driving force behind PF, so his stuff should stand up, it just takes time..............cue ringing bells etc.:D :D

In The Flesh is a great watch & listen.
Roger has surrounded himself with some good musicians.
Whilst the pluckers are not Mr G. they are all very talented.
As is the keyboard / Guitar / vocalist bloke with the curlyish hair.

Got this DVD a bit late, but it's a great couple of hours.

Adzman.

Just need Pulse now.

Originally posted by Adzman

Just need Pulse now.

Stop saying that, its winding me up. ;)

I have even got to the point of checking the PF part of our local HMV store, just to check that it has'nt been issued without me knowing about it..........how sad is that :eek:

When I had it on video Im sure the sound was better than the cd or the vinyl version, not sure if it was better because of the visual element, but it was certainly miles better than any othe tape I had.

I hope its as good as I remember, if its as good as ITF it would be brilliant, but maybe it will be better. Oh no have to go and check down at HMV................just in case;) :D

Just need pulse now

Nick Mason was on Radio 5 two weeks ago and confirmed that "Pulse" will be released on dvd next year in full 5.1 sound!
I for one, cannot wait.

Karkus...

Should you find some copies of the Pulse in those shelves.....dont forget to get me one mate!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've waited long enough for the Earls Court show to hit DVD..

God knows how many drink fuelled nights of sheer bliss i will spend spinning this disc when it eventually arrives.

My HC room will be complete soon ......so a few plays of 'On the run' in total darkness will be rather spiffing......

I'll get 'Comfortably Numb' in my recliner...& everything in the world will just be a sideshow....

Awesome..

Adzman...

one of my favourite music dvds-I put it on to listen to a number or two and watch/listen to it all through-the three backing girls are great too, all singers in their own right.

Karkus...

Should you find some copies of the Pulse in those shelves.....dont forget to get me one mate!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll go down and check, bet they are hiding them somewhere;)

The guitar solo on the end of CN, just goes on and on. I had never heard that track before and when I finally heard it on the Wall, I was disappointed in how short the solo was.

Its the one solo I have been dying to copy, bought the Guitar Tab for it yesterday, no doubt many months of bleeding fingers lie ahead, keep me away from HMV I suppose, but it will be worth it.:D :D

Never mind "Pulse" in '03 (which would be gr8 btw) but in March '03 DSOTM is coming on DVD-A to celebrate is 30th birthday no less! ... also in '03 "Live at Pompeii" will be released on DVD ... so said PF's manager recently ...
Yes please - Paul ;)

Karkus...

I'll get 'Comfortably Numb' in my recliner...& everything in the world will just be a sideshow....

Awesome..

Adzman...

Couldn't agree more.

I've been put off buying the ITF live concert,thinking it would be a poor replacement for the real thing (PF), but having read this, I'll give it a go. I don't like RWs attitude, although there is no doubt he was the driving force.

Rob.

Slightly OT but has anyone bought the SACD version? Was considering getting this to test out my new Pioneer 656.

may not help much but 'perfect sense' pts. 1&2 on sonys 2ch,/multi/channel double sacd sampler is stunning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom