Roger Corman's Edgar Allan Poe Horror coming to Blu

Captain! You missed off:

5. Witchfinder General - and its alternate U.S. version of the film, The Conqueror Worm (1968).
6. The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971).

I'm all over this one, if just for Phibes. But they really should have stuck the sequel on there, too.

Steve W

Captain! You missed off:

5. Witchfinder General - and its alternate U.S. version of the film, The Conqueror Worm (1968).

I'm all over this one, if just for Phibes. But they really should have stuck the sequel on there, too.

Steve W

Yeah I dont understand why the sequel was left off - they are best watched back to back!

Im hoping for single releases at some point as I dont want Witchfinder General (controversial I know!) and Im not bothered about The Haunted Palace too much. Fall of the House of Usher is getting a separate release but Id much rather see Pit & The Pendulum, Masque of the Red Death, Theatre of Blood, The Raven and the two Phibes films (preferably both Phibes in a set).

Looks like a great set (though probably expensive to import) but I agree about the missing Phibes sequel. And what happened to Tomb of Ligeia?

I'm all for Theatre of Blood on Blu too.

Captain! You missed off:

Steve W
I'm looking forward to The Abominable Dr. Phibes as well. So why have I missed it off? The answer's in the title of the thread.;)

Awesome news

The Fall of the House of Usher is the one I want to see in HD . I still vividly remember being freaked out by this film back in 1960/61 when I was about 13 years old.I saw it on a scorching July afternoon in a local flea pit and was terrified for weeks after the experience. Those bloody fingers trying to force open the lid of the coffin were just too much for an impressionable young mind.:D

If you are multi-zone on Blu Ray there is a lot more bang for your buck with the US releases...

The Vincent Price Collection Blu-ray: The Fall of House of Usher a.k.a House of Usher, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Haunted Palace, The Masque of the Red Death, Witchfinder General, The Abominable Dr. Phibes

More Price/Corman titles here in The Vincent Price Collection Volume 2, coming for Halloween this year as Volume 1 did last year. Also there are 7 films this time instead of 6...

The Vincent Price Collection II Blu-ray: The Last Man on Earth, The Comedy of Terrors, Dr. Phibes Rises Again, Tomb of Ligeia, The Raven, Return of the Fly, The House on Haunted Hill

The only Corman/Poe title missing is Tales of Terror, but perhaps that is coming on Volume 3, as apparently Volume 1 was a big success for Scream Factory, hence the speedy release of Volume 2.

Loved the first volume and have pre-ordered this one for Halloween viewing this year. :)

Titles I'd like to see in Volume 3:

• Tales of Terror (dir. Corman)
  • Tower of London (dir. Corman)
  • Twice Told Tales
  • Theatre of Blood
  • The Bat
  • Diary of a Madman

And if we're allowed 7 titles again, then I'd add...

• The Oblong Box

Last edited:
Amazon have only just listed the Arrow boxset, I'd be surprised if 85 quid was the final pre-order price.

Amazon have only just listed the Arrow boxset, I'd be surprised if 85 quid was the final pre-order price.

That prompted me to check my Amazon.com pre-order for The Vincent Price Collection Vol 2. At some point the price has dropped by $18! Yes! :thumbsup:

So tempted by this set but am a bit of a newbie to amazon (one order) do they take the money right away on pre-orders or on dispatch?

This thread has got me in a Price/Corman/Poe mood!

Watched The Pit and the Pendulum last night and tonight it's The Masque of the Red Death. :)

My Vincent Price in Six Gothic Tales turned up today & it looks fabulous, for once am happy to have paid the pre-order price.

Just a camera phone so forgive the lack of photography.

The little hardback is great btw & very welcome indeed classic class.

2znvjep.jpg

2yu11qe.jpg

w0jkso.jpg

16kpc7t.jpg

33bd5ie.jpg

ziws3t.jpg

2aet894.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom