• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Roe Deer and Black Swans

jmbrailsford

Prominent Member
I usually put all my pics I want to let people see in my AVForums Album I see most other people post them in the main Forum so thought I'd add these ones here as well for a change.

Taken from my bedroom window upstairs as three of them wandered through the planting just below house, taken at about 40 yards, just a pity about all the branches and long grass in the way, I will need to trim a few bits ;) This is the few shots I've managed in ages, what with my wife being ill and needing nursed and no light it's been a pretty boring time of late.

Roe
239526513-L.jpg

400mm - ISO 400 [email protected]/400

Never seen them in the wild before, not sure where they have come from. Not ringed, but I suppose they could escapee's from somewhere, mind you there are also a pair of unringed White Cheeked Pintails from the Carribean on the loch too. Poor pic but just thought I'd show them, Emily (grandaughter) was able to feed them later on by hand when we went back for a look in the afternoon.

237446507-L.jpg

Mike.

allymac123

Prominent Member
Great capture of the deer. Shame about the trees in the foreground though and the fact they have protector's round them!

Nice light on 2 aswell.

I must confess that I as good as never look in the AVForums album section and whenever I do I promptly leave as the masses of photo's on each page means it takes about 5mins for a page to load.

I'd urge you to post them here.

jmbrailsford

Prominent Member
Great capture of the deer. Shame about the trees in the foreground though and the fact they have protector's round them!

Nice light on 2 aswell.

I must confess that I as good as never look in the AVForums album section and whenever I do I promptly leave as the masses of photo's on each page means it takes about 5mins for a page to load.

I'd urge you to post them here.

Hi,

yeah the tubes and branches are a pain, plus the window only opens a few inches so had to just snatch a shot when I thought it was the clearest angle, I will nip out next week and remove a few ;), might have a go at feeding them too and see if they come back, seen them in the same place a few times now so shouldn't be a problem.

Never thought about loading times on album pages, you forget when you have an 8mb connection :D I will post newer ones on the main pages as well as the album pages in future, ta for the tip.

MIke.

Tobers

Prominent Member
Nice deer - very cute and fluffy looking. They are so shy I'm amazed it came so close. Looks like you will have to get out there with a seriously hefty strimmer sort the undergrowth for next time.

The birds are OK but you really need a much longer lens to do that sort of thing justice.

Glad you got out though!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom