Rocky v Drago The Ultimate Directors Cut (12th Nov 2021)

Knockout or knockdown

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
That movie is perfect as it is. There is no need for a directors cut, especially one without Paulie’s love bot!

Tremendous. Hopefully a UHD release 👍
Love this film and soundtrack. Hopefully more training montages

Wasn't the version released his director's cut anyway?

Rocky or Rambo o_O

I’ve not seen this for at least a decade but still have fond memories of this. Mainly because of the bat **** crazy cinema experience as a young 12 year old.

No robot is a great move. Desperate to find out what’s added.
Hoping for similar for Rocky 1976

It’s gone quiet on this. Does anyone know if this is straight to retail or a cinema release ?

It’s gone quiet on this. Does anyone know if this is straight to retail or a cinema release ?
My nearest showcase has this showing as part of 'classics' currently filling it's screens. I considered a trip out (only £5), in the vain hope of recreating that epic day out seeing it for the first time in '85. It was at that time, exactly what made me fall in love with cinemagoing so much. I'll never forget us all (literally) cheering Rocky on in the finale. The audience was going nuts!

My nearest showcase has this showing as part of 'classics' currently filling it's screens. I considered a trip out (only £5), in the vain hope of recreating that epic day out seeing it for the first time in '85. It was at that time, exactly what made me fall in love with cinemagoing so much. I'll never forget us all (literally) cheering Rocky on in the finale. The audience was going nuts!
This was the first Rocky film that I saw in the Cinema and I had a similar experience. That said, this was only the 4th best Rocky film.

This was the first Rocky film that I saw in the Cinema and I had a similar experience. That said, this was only the 4th best Rocky film.

Same here. I'll never forget watching it with my Dad in our local cinema and everyone stood up chanting "Rocky! Rocky! Rock!", one of my favourite childhood memories.

Those were the days.

I actually miss the long queues to get in to a big event movie. :(

we used to queue outside around a block, i don't miss that

I do in the sense that it built up the anticipation for a big blockbuster but yes, I hate actually waiting. :D

Like others have posted, I have vivid memories of watching this is in '85 and the whole cinema jumping up and down chanting for Rocky during the Drago fight, with the volume cranking up when
Rocky cut Drago
, can only compare it to a goal being scored at a footy game... the cinema crowd went nuts!!!

Like others have posted, I have vivid memories of watching this is in '85 and the whole cinema jumping up and down chanting for Rocky during the Drago fight, with the volume cranking up when
Rocky cut Drago
, can only compare it to a goal being scored at a footy game... the cinema crowd went nuts!!!

He's cut! He's cut! The Russian's cut and it's a bad cut!"

Epic! :D

we used to queue outside around a block, i don't miss that
Queued up for this film in the snow, got to the door and the film was full :facepalm:

Queued up for this film in the snow, got to the door and the film was full :facepalm:

I think me and my dad tried 3 or 4 different times before we finally got in (my dad didn't want to stand in queues)... That was in the good ol' days before the t'interweb, when you turned up and you took your chances...

When this was announced in August it said it would be released November 27th to mark the 35th Anniversary. This has been and gone and I now cannot find any mention of this being released anywhere.

It's not in any future release lists or pre-orders anywhere. Any news when this is coming and if it will be before Christmas?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom