1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky Horror R2 opinions

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Mattie, Feb 13, 2001.

1. Mattie

Mattie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anybody have any opinions of this release, or know of any reviews?

Thanks.

Mattie.

------------------
    I'm gonna show you God does exist...

2. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Hendrik

Hendrik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The March issue of FILM REVIEW gave the 2-disc R2 release 2 x 5 stars - 1.60/anamorphic, DD 5.1 ("sublime"), 4 different ways to view the film (the original UK edit, the Multi-View Theatre-Experience, the Participation Prompter, the Audience Participation soundtrack), etc. etc. - it seems that R2 did things right, this time...

! [​IMG] !

4. juliehatton

juliehatton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got it yesterday - it's brilliant !!
    So much better than the horrible VHS copy I had previously. Some really funny menus and great quality film.

One slight problem though, the second disk which is supposed to be loads of extra bits and pieces, on the copy we got was actually Gone With The Wind ??? It has the correct label on the disk but it just isn't what it says it is.

We reckon that someone must have brought Gone With The Wind and got RHPS - they are going to get a bit of a shock aren't they.

I'm just wondering how many copies are like this, and if it will be worth a small fortune one day ?

Julie

5. Mattie

Mattie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for the info. I knew the R1 was superb but never got around to ordering it. Sometimes it's easier to just pop into Smiths and pick up an R2.

I'd still be interested in knowing how the soundtrack measures up because, to die-hard fans (I'm just a casual) there is some sort of issue about original and remixed tracks, with the laserdisc release being the only "true" one... or summat.

Thanks again. I'm away for a week tho so don't worry if I don't reply.

Mattie.

------------------
    I'm gonna show you God does exist...