Rocky Balboa

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is the latest Rocky movie out here, i have heard early reviews are very good, i know hes an old man but i think stallone is great

January 19th according to the PR company.

I was getting all excited 'cos in the USA it is being released on the 22nd December.

Me thinking I could watch it over the Xmas break then I checked the UK release date.... February arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggh!

If you like Stallone I highly recommend reading the 11 short interviews on aintitcoolnews, very good.

yeah they are very good interviews, and very honest about some of his not so good movies.....his recollections of carl weathers are not too good,dont think they get on at all

Looks very good imo. Early word in some magazine is it might even be up for Oscar nominations! :eek:

Cheekster.

I think this is going to be the biggest suprise in a long time.

I think this is going to be the biggest suprise in a long time.

For a lot of people it will be, tbh though I've a lot confidence in this since I heard about it nearly two years ago, Stallone will have learnt a lot since Rocky IV and V.

my huge rocky balboa poster is up, just cant wait to see the film.
Ding Ding. :)

ok but isn't it just like a remake of the original movie but nows hes the oldtimer underdog ?

I can't wait for this also. should be fantastic.

some of the lines look a bit cheesy and the fact that a 'computer program' sets them up leaves me a tad concerned, but lets hope

Wasnt to sure about another rocky film, but saw a trailer for it when i saw the covernant at the weekend, looks really good.

Ive been looking forward to this movie for quite a while now and thought it might even be my favourite of 2006 until i heard it wasnt being released until 2007 in UK! :mad:

But i also heard that an Oscar could be on the cards which is great news................ lets face it Rocky 4 and 5 werent goin to win anything IMO!

As it stands Rocky is ma favourite followed by 3 then 2, 4 then 5. Hopefully 6will be up there to! :thumbsup:

Rocky 5 won him an award for worst director when it was released :rotfl: Terrible film.

saw the premier on the news ealier, in an interview with sly he said he hated rocky 5 and couldnt leave the memory of rocky with that movie,
the more i see of the film the more i really need to watch it

When Rocky 6 was announced i wasn't hopefull but now i can't wait. I'm in Florida next month so hope to see it there before it's released here :devil:

........... a Rocky too far?

No, it's actually pretty good till the bell tolls and the gloves touch and then Stallone's 6 decades are just too evident. I'd say it is a Rocky film that would have benefitted from not having a fight. One of the worst fight sequences in cinematic history? Almost certainly the worst of the Rocky franchise and really not needed.

This film could have been Stallone's 'The Shootist' if only he'd thought of it or been brave enough. I wouldn't have begrudged Stallone it if he had.

Stallone almost wrote a Rocky to equal Rocky but not quite. Is 'Rocky Balboa' the movie Stallone wanted to make or the one the studio wanted to release? You get the feeling that there's a pretty serious film trying to break the shackles of the prescribed Rocky formula but it just isn't given a chance.

6/10

was recently provided with an awards copy of this, u guys will be made up with this latest installment

Its a good movie worth watching and a good ending to the Rocky story, to me the fight is filmed to look like its being shown on espn. Sure it isnt the best fight I have seen in a movie, but then Rocky was never the best technical boxer, he was a bruiser who could take a punch more than the guy in the ring with him. It shows the effects of his age in the ring but its meant to, his slow pace and reaction times could never be as quick as a younger world champion.

Saw this whilst in Florida - really enjoyed it, like re-visiting an old friend.

Nice ending to the saga, touching - yeah could have been an awful lot worse.

Big thumbs up from me.

Just finished watching. Won't be to everyones taste but a lot lot better than I was expecting. Feel pretty choked actually, that music always gets me! Have a lot of good memories of watching the previous fims and a good end to his story.

Just finished watching. Won't be to everyones taste but a lot lot better than I was expecting. Feel pretty choked actually, that music always gets me! Have a lot of good memories of watching the previous fims and a good end to his story.

thats the problem im dreading having, i watched all the previous rockys with my dad and he passed away 2 years ago, now when i hear the music it starts tugging on my heart strings.
i think everyone in the cinema will be staring at me!!!

I know what you mean. Its funny how you get emotionally attached to some films. I'm the same with The Green Mile purely because what was happening in my life at the time I first saw it.

Anyways - if you're a Rocky fan, and it sounds like you are, I think you'll love it. :thumbsup:

I for one thought it was completely awful, and am surprised in myself for even sitting through the entire thing - and this is from someone who managed to sit through the whole of The Dukes Of Hazzard (2005 remake) :D (tho it was only to see Jessica "Daisy" Simpson in her hot pants ;) )

Thought the story line was incredibly weak, the acting poor (including Stallone and the whole supporting cast) the dialogue was rubbish (seems everyone had a strange attitude about them) and in general, just a rubbish, slooooooooooow, film.....

But thats just my opinion ;)

I know what you mean. Its funny how you get emotionally attached to some films. I'm the same with The Green Mile purely because what was happening in my life at the time I first saw it.

Anyways - if you're a Rocky fan, and it sounds like you are, I think you'll love it. :thumbsup:

finally got to see it last night, on my own just incase i got upset....and boy did i get upset.
I loved it all. thought the story was spot on, much better to see rocky with a decent buisness instead of just been down and out like in rocky5, i also loved the way stallone used his loss to explain part of the beast inside wanting to get out, his acting was great, his emotion was really well done, the scene in paulie's cool room being really touching.
The fight itself is something totally different, none of the flashy camera tricks of previous fights, loved the way they rely on rockys pure punch power, great stuff.
Of course i missed watching this with my dad, if he was still here i think he would of approved too.
Thanks to stallone for giving rocky a great sendoff into retirement.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom