Rocky Balboa hd

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
will rocky bolboa be released on hd-dvd....jealous of the bluray at the moment

Its a Sony release in US and Fox release in UK. Both are Blu Ray supporters so it def wont be on HD DVD.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
DOH....wonder if its much different on sd ?

A lot of reviewers are saying its much better in HD. The final fight is shot completely in HD too.

featherhall

Distinguished Member

Like you, I want this on HDDVD, however I can confirm that the sd version is still very good indeed. Like posted above, I think the real bonus for BR owners is that the final fight is supposed to be absolutely fantastic on BlueRay as it was filmed entirely in HD. Still the normal dvd is a fantastic picture.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the advice guys, im tempted to get a blu ray deck now as there are some of my favorites on blu ray only.

ScriptDaddy

I'm gutted ... I'm a huge Rocky fan ... got all the DVD's and the Soundtrack ... listen to Eye of the Tiger in the car on my way to Sunday morning football matches to get myself in the mood. :D

Was hoping this would have been released on HD-DVD, will have to get the SD version instead, but then again ... it could have been filmed in black and white and used placards to explain what was going on and I would still buy it. :D

Ben

chrislad

This is exactly why I just bit the bullet and got a PS3. Rocky, Spider-Man and a number of other Fox movies that I want will be BR only. Sure, it's only money, and I can't take it with me (at least that's what I tell her :) )

Thanks for the advice guys, im tempted to get a blu ray deck now as there are some of my favorites on blu ray only.

Its def worth owning a Blu ray player. I have both HD DVD and Blu Ray and they both have their benefits and faults. HD DVD is region free but not supported by many studios and Blu ray is mostly regioned but has more studio support.

Geordiepete

Like you, I want this on HDDVD, however I can confirm that the sd version is still very good indeed. Like posted above, I think the real bonus for BR owners is that the final fight is supposed to be absolutely fantastic on BlueRay as it was filmed entirely in HD. Still the normal dvd is a fantastic picture.

Every Movie that goes to the cinema was shot in a much higher resolution than HD, HD is not a new concept its just new to our homes. Think about the size of the cinema screen and how high the resolution has to be to in order for the picture to be clear when its blown up that big. The film all movies are shot on is about 4 times the resolution of HD so to say the final fight scene is shot purley in HD is true, all movies are shot in pure HD, the only difference now is that we have the technology to watch it in HD in our living rooms.

Why did Fox take away the AVC transfer and put a Mpeg 2 codec instead?

tim68

Hi all. Do anyone know how to access the easter egg on this disc. Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom