1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rocky Anthology missing bonus disc

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Petey, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hello,

Received my Rocky Anthology this morning, the new Hi-Def boxset. Every advert for this set states its a 6 disc set, 5x movies and 1x bonus disc. The packaging on my set says its a 5 disc set and doesn't mention anywhere about a bonus 6th disc.

Has anyone else got this set and come across the same problem ??

2. VIBEIN

VIBEIN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you purchase this from btw? R1 or R2?

3. ian2k3

ian2k3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It is region 1, I bought it from playusa.com. I emailed playusa.com about the missing 6th disc and as yet haven't received a response.

Another thing as well, the quality of all the movies looks exactly the same as my previous rocky boxset. Only difference this time is they are all anamorphic. Also the sound is really quite poor on all movies. It sounds really thin and tinny, don't now what happened to the mid range or bass!!

I feel totally ripped off by this boxset. :mad:

5. allanp

allanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    It almost sounds like you've been sent the old boxset. Strange, as the old boxset only had selective anamorphic transfers.

6. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I used to own the old region 1 boxset, the red box with films individually boxed inside.

The new boxset has black box, with films indivisually boxed inside.

The packaging says new Hi-def transfers on all films, except for rocky V, which is not a new transfer. The pic quality looks identical to me though so I really don't know what they've done on these new transfers.

Compared the audio of original boxset rocky IV with new boxset rocky IV. Original is a lot better, it actually has a bit of bass. They are 5.1 mixes on both discs.

Just received mail from playusa.com saying they were misinformed about content of the new boxset and are amending their site accordingly. They also offered a full refund.

My advice to anyone thinking about this set, is don't bother. Get the original set, as picture quality is the same, sound is better, plus theres special features on the first movie.

7. allanp

allanp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    I just received my new rocky boxset from dvdsoon and it includes the 6th disc.

8. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Lucky b*gger, my set from dvdsoon didn't! :mad:

9. Cloysterpeteuk

Cloysterpeteuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Are you being serious about that 6th disc?, when I ordered mine from dvd soon it said + bonus disc but then they changed the description and sent me the set in five crappy amarays!. OK for like £12 though.

Can you post some pics of the 6th disc as everywhere has now retracted the info about the 6th disc, for example amazon.com just list it as a five disc set with pics etc.

10. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any more information about this? I just opened the new Rocky Anthology set, from DVDsoon, and its just 5 amaray cases with the films. No Sixth disc yet the DVDsoon website at time of order said 6 and so did a lot of websites! However the boxset cover itself isn't very clear and no where does it state how many discs are included or a full feature list.

Like Petey said, I feel well ripped off!

11. Petey

Petey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I done some investigating into the elusive 6th disc. Unfortunately couldn't find any info other than the description of what is suppose to be included, eg: 5x films and bonus 6th disc.

Some sites have now amended their descriptions to a 5 disc set. It commonly seems that most people purchasing this set are only receiving 5 discs, so anyone considering this set should be aware that although the website may say includes bonus 6th disc, in reality you probably will only receive the 5 disc set.

IMO this set is the biggest double-dip rip so far.

12. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a disgrace. If I was in your place, I would be asking for a refund, as it has not been sold as advertised (even though it isn't the retailers fault).
    I'm glad I didn't go for it (waiting for only Rocky 1 to come out).

See what they say.

13. rickyroma

rickyroma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I got the 6th disc with my set off dvdsoon , there was a sticker on the plastic wrapping saying there was a 6th disc included for a limited time only , I think it must have fooled alot of sites who just left it at 6.

The 6th disc is Sly Stallones Biography from the Biography channel , id already seen it so I was well annoyed , plus Rocky 1 isnt the special edition.

14. top_caty

top_caty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why is this Rocky 1 better than the Special Edition? Both are Anamorphic is the transfer better on this new edition?

I've also sent an e-mail to consumerhelp@mgm.com explaining that I'm very unhappy with their marketing practice and that all customers should get the 6th disc. I would suggest you also do the same and maybe they will see that this kind of practice is only going to alienate customers.

15. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    It has a DTS track plus is remastered in Hi-Def.

16. Xstyle

Xstyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I've got the Rocky Special 25th Anniversary edition DVD (new, but not sealed) for sale...