Rocksmith songlist for Rocksmith 2014.

Discussion in 'Xbox One Rocksmith' started by The Graystar, Feb 10, 2014.

1. The Graystar

The Graystar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hey,
    New user here. Just signed up so play nice! :lease:

So I've been working my way through Rocksmith 2014 when all of a sudden I get wind of the original songlist being available on Rocksmith 2014... if you have the original disc.

I went out and got me a copy of that disc ($28 with a cable - brand new!!! SCORE).

So what do I need to do next? I'm sure my xbox isn't going to just sense that I have this disc in the house, so do I just need to play a couple of songs and then the next time I play RS 2014 it will be all like 'hey dude! Do you want to import the songlist from the original RS?', or will I have to put the original disc on my HD or something like that? (I don't tend to put games on the HD as I've never really noticed any difference, but maybe I'm missing something...)
    Also, I heard that you have to delete your progress/profile on the RS 2014 for it to
    'start from scratch' so that it can 'detect' you have the original and ask if you want to import the tracklist. Is this true? Tell me it ain't so!?!:suicide:
    Any comments or snide remarks gladly received.

2. Goooner

Goooner
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17,683
    Yap, all you need to do is have a save from the first game somewhere on your system, so load it up play a song or two and you're good to go.

In theory as soon as the new one detects the save from the old one, you should be offered the chance to transfer things over. There was a bug where if you didn't do it when first offered, or sometimes it wouldn't offer at all, then the way around it was to save your profile, delete it and start the game from scratch, do the transfer and restore your save.

That may have been fixed now though. If not, you could just try setting up a new profile and starting that up and doing the transfer that way, once the songs are downloaded and on your disc, they'll be available on any profile.

3. The Graystar

The Graystar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    All systems go!
    Put 2014 in the console and yeah, it just politely asked if I wanted to import the songs!
    So happy days!
    Although I noticed that the RS1 songs when played for the first time jump in at a serious level. No 'one note per bar' as was the case with the RS2014 ones! :smoke:
    I'm happy with that though. I can hold my own so the challenge from the outset (especially on songs I'd never even heard before) is a welcome one!

4. AndrewH13

AndrewH13
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,559
    The game stores your progress, and especially if you play the same song many times and show improvement, it raises your starting level of all songs. Can soon be rectified by pausing LAS and lowering the levels of each part in Riff Repeater.

5. Beximus

Beximus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +260
    It's a pain from a beginners point of view because I like to come to a song from the easiest point and develop at the moment. So when a song chucks me in at a high level it totally throws me. It's much easier to sort out on this version of RS than on the first one.

6. The Graystar

The Graystar
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Oh I'm cool with it, but did kind of dig the 'easing in', especially on songs that I've never heard or attempted before. The slower method helps you to develop an understanding of how the song is built rather than focusing too much on what's coming next, which occurs when you get thrown in the deep end.
    But at the end of the day, it just comes back to repetition and familiarity.
    One thing I was getting all down on myself about was not nailing a song within six run attempts! Then it occurred to me that the original artists are a) Professional musicians who play music all the time, and so have probably played said song 1000 times before they considered it polished, and b) Writers of the song, so it came from their fingers over a period of time that could have been months or even years in the making!
    If we can't get it 100% in an afternoon, it certainly doesn't make us 'lesser' musicians!
    I know in my band we will rehearse songs 100's of times before we even dare take them on stage, and they're songs we know backwards. So learning one from scratch surely affords us a bit more leeway in regard to mastering it.

7. hyperfish

hyperfish
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,915
    You made a good point there.

8. Rorifett

Rorifett
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned: