• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rocksmith scoring

GloopyJon

Distinguished Member
I just found an interesting post on another forum giving some information on how Rocksmith scores songs. I quote it verbatim below, but the thread was here.

I haven't yet checked out the link on the ubi.com website because I'm at work and it'll be blocked, but I'll look at it this evening.

=============================
For an official post from a member of the Rocksmith team, go http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/674453-How-does-scoring-work-(FAQ)?p=8305437#post8305437. It goes into greater detail about timing windows for note detection, and the effect on groove bonuses, and also addresses the information found below.

Base Scoring
The base score for a song with 100% of notes hit starts at 100k. The base value of every note/double stop/chord/strum in a song is the same - each is worth 100k divided by the number of notes/double stops/chords/strums in a song..

In addition to base scoring per note, there are bonuses available.

Bonuses
Groove Bonuses
All groove bonuses are worth 250 points.
EARLY GROOVE - Awarded for playing 3 consecutive notes with correct timing relative to each other, but slightly ahead of the beat.
GROOVE BONUS - Awarded for playing 3 consecutive notes with correct timing relative to each other,on time with the beat.
LATE GROOVE - Awarded for playing 3 consecutive notes with correct timing relative to each other, but slightly behind the beat.

Slide Bonuses
GREAT SLIDE - A bonus of 210% of the base note value for the song.

Bend Bonuses
INSANE BEND - A bonus of 180% of the base note value for the song.
GREAT BEND - A bonus of 140% of the base note value for the song.

Sustain Bonuses
INSANE SUSTAIN - A bonus of 70% of the base note value for the song.
GREAT SUSTAIN - A bonus of 60% of the base note value for the song.

Tremolo Bonuses
GREAT TREMOLO - A bonus of 60% of the base note value for the song.

All of the bonuses above are subject to a multiplier based on how long the note was held. If you hold the note for 100% of the displayed time, you get the highest level of bonus. The lower tiers are awarded for notes that are not held as long - no bonus means a missed or not held note.

Harmonic Bonuses
SWEET HARMONIC - A bonus of 70% of the base note value for the song. This bonus registers for any harmonic that is correctly hit.

Master Mode
All scores are doubled when performing in master mode - this includes base note values and bonuses.

Non-factors
Factors that don't directly influence score include:
Perfect Phrase
Note Streak
Hammer-on/Pull-off/Palm Mute Missed. These messages merely indicate that a missed note had a certain technique associated with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom