Rocksmith 2014 & Rocksmith+

Hopefully imminent, probably not though.

There was a post on the forum the other day, someone said they’re probably going to announce that it’s coming in 2023 :laugh:

But they also said, if that is the case and we are a year or more from a new version, why not keep the interest by releasing a big dlc pack?

Something like the Hendrix pack for example.

They certainly need to do something if there’s not a new version out soon. I’m finding myself playing less and less. This coming from someone that’s played it at least once a week since RS1 was first released in the US.

Posted 5 days ago…

They are up to something, could be imminent or a ways off.
That’s interesting.

Not least because it’s always been a Ubi San Francisco thing. Romania certainly straight out of left field.

If they’re only just advertising for testers, it doesn’t seem imminent.

Its not unusual to have development teams split around the world now.

Could just be a cheap way to add some extra people, say if they were hitting a deadline (Christmas). Extra testing could be done overnight. Guys leave and need to be replaced so could be whole thing has been developed offshore and designed in the states.

Guess we will find out, the longer it takes hopefully the better it will be.

There are some leaks out that suggest “ rocksmith +” is set to be announced. the Leaker mentions that it could be a code/project name.

See what you mean

Will have a watch tonight of the event assuming it's today

EDIT: tomorrow, spotted the post on the Ubisofts page

Last edited:
See what you mean

Tomorrow 20:00 Uk Time.

There's a few interesting bits on RiffRepeaters page.

A few main streamers added to a "Star Player Program"

Sounds like some Ubi team have been re-encoding existing songs. That would take a while considering there are over 1,500 DLC tracks to do/redo. Maybe that's what has kept them busy since March 2020.

Last edited:
See what you mean

EDIT: tomorrow, spotted the post on the Ubisofts page

I wasn't going to bother, but I will now.

Re-encoding to what though?

Everything is automated now, I re-encoded all the Rocksmith/Rockband stems and from ogg to wav so I could load into GarageBand and it only took a few evenings if I remember right. Must have been at least 10k files, downloaded an app that you just selected the folder and off it went.

From the RiffRepeater posts a couple of things stood out to me:
  • Rhythmic transcriptions of vocal melodies within a variety of musical contexts
  • Data Analyst for Mobile / Live Operations team for Rocksmith brand
Implies they could be finally doing a mobile full world release and vocals may be added. Could be that singing is added on a separate phone/tablet, maybe you can all play at the same time looking at different devices eg, Xbox, Mac/PC, tablet.

Can't for the life of me figure out what:
  • Create lead sheet arrangements for existing songs
  • proprietary tablature authoring software
means, why would you re-write the lead sheets as they are fine now.

The only thing I could think of is if they are allowing you to view and play along in tab mode. Bandfuse didn't work so well so maybe this a new mode, often thought being able to view in standard tab mode would be easier for practicing. It's how most of us learn from books, apps etc.

Things definitely stick with me learning from that, rather than RS or similar onscreen stuff, so that would be good.

Wonder if we’ll actually see a full game like the last two or if it’s going more tablet/phone based thing? If that’s the case it’s not for me.

Will wait and see, not getting expectations up too much.

Hopefully we’ll get something tonight. If it’s on Riff Repeater I think that’s as close as we’re likely to get to an official “watch tonight, we’re announcing something” from Ubi/RS themselves.

Anything less than a full game would be Rocksmith 'Light', hoping the 'plus' means more :D

No guarantee that we will hear anything, could just be Rocksmith + is the internal project name and it's not ready, so will 'try' not get my hopes up. I love speculating as you know :rotfl:

I’m trying to stay positive, but the longer it goes with no news, nothing, zilch, nada for over a year it gets harder all the time :laugh:

I know Covid (myself and the wife both just had our second jabs this morning) and who knows how that affected their plans, may have been announced or even released by now without that, who knows?

I know it’s a way bigger franchise, but there’s been all sorts of little bits and pieces of info trickling out for a while and they’ve now fully announced the next Battlefield game, out in October, but at least they’ve given their audience something, rather than the complete radio silence we’ve had from RS, since “hey guys, no more dlc (after a few months of going through the motions and churning out shit) but don’t worry, we’re working on a new project but we’re not going to even give you a hint if it’s actually still going to be guitar related”

If there’s a worse way to keep interest in your already niche franchise, I’d be hard pressed to find it. Game-wise at least, I think Eon could give them a run for their money where they’ve completer screwed the Bond franchise since Spectre :laugh:

I'm used to embargos so I don't find it so unusual.

It could be worse they could have killed the DLC and not announced anything, least they left it that something exciting was being planned.

Relatively little experience with embargoes myself, but in my limited experience more often than not they usually mean “we don’t want to show you our product, because it’s rubbish and we hope enough people preorder or buy it before the reviews and word of mouth get out” :laugh:

So now we know.

Not sure I like what we know though :laugh:

I think Gibson may have jumped the gun a little :)

Looks like there is some sort of traditional tab view. Can’t say I like the idea of subscription service though, but I guess it depends on the pricing and what new songs they get.

if it’s any of the missing biggies, I could be tempted.
7F0BDF16-E72A-48B1-8671-A675D2AB3F7F.png
0D0F0448-7F74-4FD8-9B67-CAEA08A20E19.png

Looks very similar to the existing version barre (sorry!) the tab view.

The link in the email to sign up to the closed beta doesn’t work, just takes you to the Ubisoft Forward page.

Obviously can’t judge it until we have all the info, and it’s actually out, but there a bit late to the party with it, what was that other game/app/tutor thing that I can’t recall the name of now? Very similar in that they released new songs and I believe you could add your own if you subscribed.

There have been a couple, so this is nothing new. As I said before, for me, it comes down to price and content.

A new console/pc game would’ve been a day one pre-order for me. Not excited by this at all to be honest.

Maybe we’ll get some more details tonight? Don’t expect to see pricing, but we may get a few song details.

Also it depends if it’s just going to continue the guitar karaoke thing or if it’s going to have proper lessons and stuff.

I could get on board with a Fender Play/Rocksmith hybrid I think.

A new console/pc game would’ve been a day one pre-order for me. Not excited by this at all to be honest.

Very much this. Not looking forward to this at all.

Really don't like the idea of subscription. Paying for stuff that you don't own and that can be taken off you at any moment is not something I like.

I'm old school. I like to own, not rent. I still buy my films on disk. Very little is bought online. Cancel your subscription, lose access to the films you've paid for. No thanks.

Chances are, some of the biggies will be up for a sub service, so expect AC/DC, Balck Sabbath, Guns 'n' Roses and Pink Floyd from the off, then the shit will start getting added, with them knowing you can't cancel, or you'll lose access to AC/DC etc.

I'd love to be proved wrong. Maybe a small sub fee, or a large purchase fee. I know which I'd take up.

We'll see.

I was expecting it, seems to be the way of things now.

Doesn't necessarily mean we will lose the purchase model, but rolling over our DLC may be not be allowed. Guess we will see.

Honestly I don't mind just glad there is a new game and it looks good. Three paths on that screen so that means 3 people can play at the same time!

I wonder if there’ll be a console app/version?

I like having it on my 55” tv screen, not sure I’d bother at all if not. One of the reasons I’ve never gone too deeply into CDLC, and certainly won’t be playing on my iPad or phone.

Doesn’t look vastly different to what we have.

It did say “all songs included” which makes me think the sub won’t be cheap, especially if they’re adding new songs on a regular basis and they aren’t expecting you to pay extra for them.

It did say something about plugging into your phone, tablet, console or pc, so whether that will mean an actual app or just via a browser, I’ve no idea.

It said that you could make your own arrangements of the songs that are on there. Could be a neat feature, especially if you can share the arrangements with others, if not I doubt it’s something I’d have the time or patience to mess around with much.

It’s piqued my interest, but that’s about it, I’m certainly not gagging for it like I was RS2014 after that was announced.

I’ll be keeping an eye on it until we get concrete details, like price and stuff.

Registered for the beta. It just says for a chance, so not sure how limited it is, not particularly bothered if I get in or not, but thought I’d register just in case it turns out to be brilliant :laugh:

Wow looks good, no complaints from me looks like they have really thought this out well.

A lot of the features we have discussed in the past, main points I picked up:
  • Available on Console, PC, Mobile (not sure if they said Mac, will watch again)
  • Can use your phone as an interface - in place of real tone cable, didn't think they even said there would be a cable.
  • Largest genre of songs on any learning platform - Hiphop, reggae, Rap, gaming etc
  • Special mode for Rhythm - strumming type charts
  • Real tab charts as well as standard Rocksmith - which we saw already
  • Online community + videos
  • Weekly updates and DLC
  • Tutorials and analysing playing to suggest how to improve
  • Interface looks very slick, lot of improvements by the look of it
  • Subscription model - no mention at all of buying stuff
  • better note recognition
  • No mention of career/Rpg mode like Rockband/Guitar Hero - aiming as a learning tool
  • no mention of arcade games or replacement - gone waling ect. which were a bit crap.
  • no mention of singing

A lot of things I was asking for, looks a lot more than a re-skin. The charts analysing your playing and suggesting improvements looked good. Big emphasis on accessible to strummers and all genres, but also nodding that big improvements for intermediate players. Also a nod to the faithful players over the last ten years.

The interface will be like the dancing, singing games, where you download an app onto your phone which directly connects via your network to your console (no-latency maybe a few ms). Expect you could use an irig instead the built in mic.

They did show a USB cable now I watch it back and say you could use your phone or cable.

You’ve got more faith in it than me :laugh:

Didn’t hear any mention of a cable either, if it’s just relying on a mic on your device, not sure how accurate that’s going to be.

Special mode for rhythm. Is that really any different to what we have now?

Tutorials and analysing playing to suggest how to improve. Sounds like what we have now? After the song when it says “you should check out this chord in the chord book” or “riff repeat” this section”.

Larger selection of songs doesn’t mean better, going by some of the crap they were putting out towards the end.

I’m very much in the glass half empty camp to balance your glass half full :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom