Rocksmith 2014

Goooner

Distinguished Member
And a tweet from another of the developers, Nao Hugo. Got to say, I’m a whole lot more optimistic now than I was after the “big” announcement on Friday.

See new Tweets
Tweet

Nao Higo

@naohigo

·
4 Apr

It’s been a long run for RS2014. Much longer than we expected when we made the game. But I can’t wait to share what we’re cooking up next!

BigTone

RS3 online play?
Not been playing much guitar this year, super busy with work and risk of redundancy.
Fortunately my job is now safe (for the time being) and I am now on holiday, sadly not quite where i had planned to be spending my Easter break :-(.
No excuse not to give the guitars a clean and some news strings and fire up RS2014 again.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Latest RS stats.

Most of the most played each year are not surprising.

I would love to know who has played one song almost 9,000 times :laugh:
483550B5-E841-4F88-9A66-D1D36F770BEA.jpeg

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Date for the diary - 12th July.

The Ubisoft showcase event thing, in the absence of E3.

If there’s a new RS coming we should hear about it then. If not, I guess it really is dead.

Goooner

Distinguished Member

Ex RS note tracker going back to work at Ubisoft SF.

Got to be to do with RS 3, hasn’t it?

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
That was my thought, it felt like part of justification to show there is a market out there to justify the cost. Given Rockband is still going I wonder if these type of games make money over a longer period, which is what the industry is moving to through subscriptions.

Hopefully we will find out, although if they are just starting it could be 2 years away.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I can’t believe they’ll just be starting. They bloody better not be :laugh:

I imagine they’ve been working on it for a while, certainly since before that survey. If they were just starting, you’d think they’d continue with the dlc, even at a reduced rate, to keep a constant revenue stream while developing the new one.

I suppose it depends if the new one is a completely new thing or a revamp of the last one.

Hopefully something will be announced at the Ubi event in July.

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
I’m hoping for a new thing with lots of bells, a bit bored of the current format and I miss the game element and competition.

Its a long while since they did the survey of the owners, who knows perhaps they have been working on something for a couple of years. Always felt they could offer so much more if they really considered from ground up how to create a proper structured path to really teach people guitar and reward progression.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I think they’re caught in the middle of trying to be a game or a teaching tool, they should commit to one or the other.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Nothing at all.

I follow Riff Repeater on FB and RS on Twitter. Riff Repeater seems to be about as close to inside as you can be without actually working for Ubisoft. Wouldn’t be surprised if he knows more than he’s letting on. NDA probably.

I think mid-July was when Ubi were doing their event, so hopefully not much longer until we hear. That’s assuming there’s actually something to hear about. If not, I’m just going to assume it really is dead.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Not long to wait now.

Next Sunday (12th) 8pm our time Ubisoft Forward.

I’ve seen one or two other games mentioned mainly Assassins Creed Valhalla, can’t find any mention anywhere of Rocksmith.

By next Sunday night we’re all either going to be very excited or bitterly disappointed :laugh:

I’m remaining cautiously optimistic.

If there wasn’t a new game coming, why continue with the weekly streams? You’d have thought they would’ve stopped with the dlc releases.

If there was no new game in the offing, they could quite easily of announced it was the end in one of the streams on their Twitter feed “thanks for your support over the last seven years, but that’s your lot” or that could just be wishful thinking on my part :)

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
Wouldn’t they have dropped a hint so people look out for it?

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Who knows? :laugh:

Can’t remember what happened last time. I know they did the reveal at E3, but I can’t remember what was said in the run up.

I do remember the last couple of years they specifically said they (RS) wouldn’t be at E3.