Rocksmith 2014 & Rocksmith+

Well I guess that pretty much confirms that the recent DLC hadn't been a case of scraping the bottom of the barrel, prior to giving up :)

Looks like they're still in for the long haul :)

Don't think I will go for it!

With your video making skills, I thought you'd be well up for it Jon :)

We need to get Andrew to enter and win, then AVF Rocksmith meet in SF :laugh:

Last edited:
Haha, so who's going for the live prize then? Andrew is surely a candidate?

Hell no. Not me.

Although, I'll be front and centre to watch the show.

Tried playing for my folks. Fell apart. Couldn't play a damn thing. Well, I could play Smoke on the Water and the riff from Jessica, but badly. Wouldn't have thought I'd fall apart so much in front of people I've known for 45 years.

As for the Remaster, I think the best thing in there for me is the ability to change the RR speed up. I always thought that the 10% increase was too much of a jump for some songs and a 5% would be ideal. Hell, I've done a manual 2% increase on some. I need it to ramp up a little slower at times.

All in, a good day for Rocksmith.

I couldn't work out if they were saying you were no longer bound by the big blocks for riff repeating as well. That'd be an amazing change, especially if it applies to the Rocksmith 1 songs.

That's how I took it when they said something about setting your own loops, well you can already do that, but you're restricted to the blocks. If you really can set your own loops and rewind and FF through them, that'll be great. There's many a time when you're made to sit through a block, bigger than it needs be, just to get a bit near the end that you're struggling with.

Will have to keep an eye on the stream in the coming weeks as they said they were going to go into the update in more depth.

It's good to see they're still strongly supporting something that's five years old. DLC obviously sells well enough for them to keep working on it

Cool just watching the stream now, about time and free too. Nice!

With any luck this may mean they are considering a future version. Not unusual when you hire a new team to start them off with something easy. Alternatively could just mean they are trying to pick up some Guitar Hero/Rockband 4 guys wanting to move on from plastic guitar.

Hah, check out the guy on the left catching pokemon on the sly at 8.50 into the stream and again at 9.20, 9.50, 10.10... :laugh:

Last edited:
Looks like more from Fallout Boy for the second track.

2010s Mix Pack – $7.99 / Steam

* Fall Out Boy “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)”
* Hail The Sun “Burn Nice and Slow (The Formative Years)”
* The Neighbourhood “Sweater Weather” – D Standard

Rush Song Pack II l leaked by Sony.

Freewill
Fly By Night
Working Man
Strangiato
Closer To The Heart

Apparently they're all from the early period, which of course being the worlds biggest Rush fan I knew anyway :laugh:

I'm sure Andrew said their early stuff was better, so I might just give it a go.

Rush Song Pack II l leaked by Sony.

Freewill
Fly By Night
Working Man
Strangiato
Closer To The Heart

Apparently they're all from the early period, which of course being the worlds biggest Rush fan I knew anyway :laugh:

I'm sure Andrew said their early stuff was better, so I might just give it a go.

They started off sounding not too far away from Led Zep, Working Man from that period I think, will have to dig out pre 2112 albums. Remember 'Fly By Night' being a good vinyl cover with the owl. Certainly less intricate sound in those days. They then went through period with keys, still good music but less raw.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom