Rocksmith 2014 SOTW - The Next Generation

As I'm out of my normal schedule, I forgot it was Friday and therefore SOTW pick day! It's @BigTone to pick today, but if he can't make it, then I'm open to other suggestions. @thegezman would be next on the list after me (I certainly can't pick one today because I'm in a different country to my guitars).

Now a gig out of the way last night (another Grays pub, but appreciative audience and no fights!), hopefully time for another play of Dagger. Lets see what Goooner's been up to:laugh::laugh:

Fair play if you can beat my score :)

There's one small part of the solo that I can't quite get to grips with at full speed.

Sorry I forgot - busy week - just home now. Let's extend last week for a week and I'll post a pick before Friday?

I'm claiming a double win on principle, as the deadline was extended so late, just in case anyone beats my scores from now :laugh:

As nobody has made a pick this week, should we just extend the current one until next week?

Sounds good to me. Didn't start The Pixies until late, and it looked like a fun song that I'd have liked another couple of days at.

I wanted to go into RR, the second part of solo looked tricky without having a look exactly what's there, but watching Nashville took over!

I think the first part of the solo is harder, but the second part has quick slides and finger changes making it trickier.

Jon's not allowed to win as he was officially away for completion of song:laugh::laugh:

I'm back home now after another long drive (Stroud to Folkestone via two timber merchants, and then Calais to Brussels), and thinking about having a little play still this evening!

I also have a large pile of stuff that I brought back, mostly relating to guitar building, which I need to sort out tomorrow, and I took an extra day off work so that I can mooch around at home and do that. Lots of pieces of wood to put away in my nascent wood store, including a few more pieces bought today. One of the pieces is a raaaather nice bit of streaky padauk that will make two bodies, and I'm planning to make myself a strat with a half of it.

Unfortunately, I can't provide photos yet because my phone appears to have died suddenly today (blue screen then nothing, no response to power button or anything), so I think I need a new phone. Any suggestions for a reasonably-priced phone with a fairly big screen are welcome (I'm looking at the new Motorola Moto G5s Plus but it's not released yet - that's about the right price, though).

Well, it's already settled that I had a double win for the first week. The second week is an entirely different completion :laugh:

Posting my pick early as Friday is going to be a busy day.

Muddy Waters - I Can't Be Satisfied in Open G (blues G on the Variax) - Yes let's get out that slide and play the blues. This is the alternate lead.

Will look for a revisit in a moment [emoji4]

Unnatural Selection - Muse - Keeping to the theme - Alternate Lead!

Last edited:
Played all the lead and rhythm from Muddy, don't think I've played the alternates (I rarely do, unless they come up in nonstop play) so it will be good to play something new.

Posting my pick early as Friday is going to be a busy day.

Muddy Waters - I Can't Be Satisfied in Open G (blues G on the Variax) - Yes let's get out that slide and play the blues. This is the alternate lead.

How does slide work in RS? Might have to blow the dust of the ps3!

As it's my pick this Friday, I'm looking at options. I thought it was going to be tough because I haven't been playing a lot recently. However, I think it's going to be quite easy... :)

I managed to pick a song for this week although it probably won't be to everybody's taste! It's Tourniquet, by Marilyn Manson, from the recent pack, and the scores thread is here.

The revisit is an awesome song - Blackbird, by Alter Bridge.

To your guitars, and enjoy! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom