Rocksmith 2014 SOTW Discussion Thread

On a slightly different note, completely forgot JS was SOTW this week. I will be having a crack this evening, for laughs like. I have my excuse ready though. I don't have a super strat, and on a LEs Paul anything much above the 15 fret is touch and go. Guessing that will be 85% of the song...

Bloody hell, you forget to check the thread for half a day and you come back to find Jon's staged a coup and ousted you from your role as SOTW President for Life :)

A more sensitive soul might storm off in huff never to return :D

My name's not Sepp Blatter, so I won't try to cling onto power by my fingernails :)

I've had a good four years, most of it great fun. So, Jon I'll hand over to you mate.

I'll still be around and more than likely still be taking part each week, but it'll be nice not to feel obligated to post scores for a song I really don't like, although with Andrew now out, hopefully we won't see any more Rush :rotfl:

I propose a fixed 4 year term for SOTW President :)
Is that a yes, then? ;)

On a slightly different note, completely forgot JS was SOTW this week. I will be having a crack this evening, for laughs like. I have my excuse ready though. I don't have a super strat, and on a LEs Paul anything much above the 15 fret is touch and go. Guessing that will be 85% of the song...

Actually no - Joe gives the entire fretboard a workout, I think every fret on each string, in an ascending-descending spiral, and that's just the first 4 bars :) Then it gets tough!

Been in it since beginning so I'm still playing occasionally and will pick. Mostly playing rhythm as its useful outside of the game, but will play some easier songs that don't risk hurting shoulder. Am I free to pick Rush again now?:laugh:

Yeah, I'm out, of the organisation side of things so Jon, it's all yours if you want to take over the reigns? Might freshen things up a bit.

But the no Rush thing is written into the SOTW constitution and can never be rescinded :rotfl:

Right, after some intense behind the scenes negotiations, I've officially handed over the SOTW reigns to Jon.

I'm not going anywhere, I'll still be taking part, but after 4 years, I thought it was time to stand down. It's been struggling the last couple of months with fewer and fewer people playing for various reasons. So I'm hoping that with new blood and new ideas it might revitalise things a bit.

So best of luck Jon and thanks to everyone that's taken part over the last 4 years it's been great :smashin:

Is that it? Not very Blatteresque. At least bow out on a barrage of sleaze and corruption allegations.:smoke:

Thank you Goooner for the hard work on this. You will now have to do some proper work at work:rotfl:

Now as you have stood down, you don't have to give everyone a chance, and assume you will be up there in 1st now. Jon, I am sure will do the honourable thing as the new chair, and drop down to 4 or 5 place.

The backhanders seem to have dried up now, so I'm happy to stand down :)

The stress of organising everything was all that's been holding me back from first place every week.

I'll have to find some other excuse now :D

It's the tapping that does for me. I can barely make sure my fretting hand is in the right place without having to worry about getting my strumming hand on the right string and fret as well :)

I feel sure, had I resigned earlier, I could've comfortably managed 100% on this :rotfl:

The sleaze and corruption are only just beginning! I'm open to offers... :eek:

Of course, you work in Brussels:laugh:

Connected with EU running at all?

Yeah, Jon's got his own personal wine lake in the grounds of his mansion :D

I don't even drink wine!

There are a lot of whines around the house sometimes, though...

I don't even drink wine!

There are a lot of whines around the house sometimes, though...

From you, when someone beats you with a last minute SOTW score?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Last edited:
Come on then Jon! You've been in charge a couple of hours, what's our new SOTW?:D

No rush (definitely no Rush :D ) I shan't get on until around 8.30ish anyway.

Time for a Limelight re-visit ;-)

Attachments

• 1444407270425.jpg
    1444407270425.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 57
You can shut up and get back to your property band stuff :rotfl: :rotfl:

Doing that right now, Allanah Myles - Black Velvet, if I can get the others to down tune a half. It doesn't sound correct otherwise. Why doesn't everyone have a Variax!

Doing that right now, Allanah Myles - Black Velvet, if I can get the others to down tune a half. It doesn't sound correct otherwise. Why doesn't everyone have a Variax!

Hardly onerous tuning down half a step...only a bassist to worry about isn't there.

Oh...I see your point then.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom