Rocksmith 2014 SOTW Discussion Thread

Not an issue for me as I pretty much buy everything anyway :laugh:

:rotfl:

Satch Boogie is probably well beyond most of our abilities, certainly mine. I don't mind a challenge, but if it's too much of a challenge I tend to not bother.

Satch Boogie is easy. I saw an 11 year old girl score 87%, so how hard can it be? :laugh:

Trouble is, there's never an 11 year old girl around when you need one!

That just sounds soooo wrong :rotfl:

Just looking back, Sep 28th (SH Alabama) had 11 scores on guitar and bass. So popular songs are still surviving. There were many good songs on RS1 that haven't been revisited.

What are you implying???!!!

That's it, I've had it with this place. I'm off and I'm taking my SOTW with me :rotfl:

What are you implying???!!!

That's it, I've had it with this place. I'm off and I'm taking my SOTW with me :rotfl:

Ahh sorry didums please come back, or else u know what'll happen :)

I'll tell u about my new toy :) yeee haaaa

Well seeing as you've apologised, I'm willing to come back (unlike some people) :D

Been Caught Stealing Results are up.

Congrats to Jon on a double win, and to me and BigTone for actually turning up :D

Fewer and fewer people taking part every week now, is it time for a break?

Apologies for not being around the last few weeks.

I have been spending my guitar time being a teenager in Drop C and loving it. I am not sure I will post a score this week either. Sorry.

As to carrying on. I am good either way, what bugs me with SOTW is I spend all this time learning a song fully and then never play it again.

I am spending time learning songs from ear as they seem to stick with me better that way than playing from tab of RS.

I say - Lets keep going!!

I agree with all of you!!! It would be a shame to lose SOTW. I'm sorry I don't put more scores in but I can't get in the room much to practice. He's always in there!!!

I agree with all of you!!! It would be a shame to lose SOTW. I'm sorry I don't put more scores in but I can't get in the room much to practice. He's always in there!!!

Send him off to his band practice, tell him SOTW practice takes priority:D

Happy dropping in when there is a song I really love and I have a bit of spare time. Jon really is a legend putting in great scores week in week out. Good on you Jon, sure your playing must be coming on leaps and bounds.

To be honest I'm more interested in learning a song so I could take it out and play it well enough to give it a bash with other people. The harder songs and solos which most people like for the challenge don't appeal so much as I know I won't have the time/skill to do it justice, especially in a week. I have to admit I really find learning a lot of solo's boring, especially the longer ones. :blush:

Appreciate not everyone is interested in the easier songs as the hardened players will have completed in a night and be ready to move on.

I've often thought we need more rhythm, rather than lead, as that lends more to playing songs away from the game.

Checking the first post, I see that @I Am Custard had the first pick in the last round, so it's your turn again. Why don't you just go ahead? We don't need to wait for anyone else IMO.

I have checked through the threads for the last round to see who picked and played songs, in order to propose the list of players for the new round. Last time (round 6) we had the following people picking tracks (no. of times played in brackets):
@I Am Custard (7)
@GloopyJon (11)
@Goooner (11)
@chocobear (1)
@Hugh (10)
@RobbySpurs (6)
@AndrewH13 (3)
@Christian 71 (3)
@BarbaraH (5)
@BigTone (10)
@Tyjay (3)

In addition, a few other people played occasionally without having a pick: @judethedude (1), @FazerThou (3) and @EdB999 (1), making a total of 14 players.

I propose that we initially give everyone who played more than once a pick for the new round, which prevents the list from being too bloated by people who only pop in to play very occasionally. That would be everyone in the first list except @chocobear plus @FazerThou. @AndrewH13 has recently stated that he's not playing SOTW at the moment - Andrew, can you let us know if you want a pick in this round?

I suggest that everybody should confirm if they are happy with this proposal and their place in it. Re the people who aren't on the pick list for this round, I'm perfectly happy to add anyone else, but please come along and play in at least a few of the rounds to keep this thing alive! :)

Comments? Confirmations? Counterproposals?

Last edited:
Bloody hell, you forget to check the thread for half a day and you come back to find Jon's staged a coup and ousted you from your role as SOTW President for Life :)

A more sensitive soul might storm off in huff never to return :D

My name's not Sepp Blatter, so I won't try to cling onto power by my fingernails :)

I've had a good four years, most of it great fun. So, Jon I'll hand over to you mate.

I'll still be around and more than likely still be taking part each week, but it'll be nice not to feel obligated to post scores for a song I really don't like, although with Andrew now out, hopefully we won't see any more Rush :rotfl:

I propose a fixed 4 year term for SOTW President :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom