Rockford Fosgate

E

emd023

ok well i just blew my p2's and i am thinking about buying p3's. how can i set my amp so that i dont blow them? i have a rockford fosgate p8002 amp. it has a gain knob and a FREQ. knob that goes from 40-400 Hz.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
Helo and welcome to the forum.

I suggest yo text your whole system on this post and we can talk further.

Ayub.

E

emd023

my amp is a rockford p8002

Technical Details
200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
800 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
stereo or bridged mono output
4-ohm stable in bridged mode

i have 2 questions.

i want to buy 2 power's (T115D2)

Sensitivity: 87.5 dB
RMS Power Range : 150-600 Watts
Peak Power Handling: 1200 Watts
Impedance: Dual 2 Ohm
Low Frequency response: 20 Hz
High Frequency Response: 200 Hz

but i dont know if my amp will power them....or one...

if they cant then i will get p3's

Ayub

Distinguished Member
This is doen to the installer. I would keep my fain on at 2pm However you would turn the stereo on push it to the maximium. Turn amp on turn gain on maximum. Reduce till the distortion is no longer heard. Thsi is the norm when setting up amps.

ShadowTD

Right. First of all, your amp will kick out 800wrms at 4ohms bridged. Two 2ohm DVC subs are not going to show your amp the correct load. You can run one of those subs fine (provided you set the system up correctly, the sub will probably enjoy the extra power). If you want two subs, you need Dual 4ohm coils.

With respect to gains, GET IT SCOPED. I originally set my system up with a multimeter and when I scoped it about a week later I'd still managed to set it up a little 'hot'. Also, you should scope your head units outputs as not many will run at full tilt without clipping.

Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom