Rocketfish Wireless Sub issues

corndevil

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Denon x2000w reciever and I recently purchased a ML Dynamo 300 and the best placement I found to be about 15 feet across from my TV next to my couch. So I purchased the Rocketfish Wireless Subwoofer kit. There is nothing between the transmitter and reciever, however while watching TV I get a low level thump quite often..it seems to happen when there is louder parts of a show, then quiet...its pretty anoying. I've purchased at best buy so I have another week to return it. My question is has anyone experienced this and resolved it with a setting on the reciever?

I'd like to keep the sub were it is as I did the sub crawl and it sounds best across from the TV and I don't have the option to run wires. Anyone recommend the Dayton Wireless kit?? Just wondering if I'll have the same issue that unit as well.

TIA

I have the same problem using Rocketfish wireless subwoofer kit. My subwoofer is about 16 feet directly across the room from my equipment, basically next to the sofa. When I watch an action movie, all is good - subwoofer and wireless kit works perfectly. But when watching a normal TV show with mostly dialog, there is an annoying thump which is presumably the wireless kit powering up again after a stretch of subwoofer inactivity. So, I'm having the same problem as OP and hoping to bump this thread to get some ideas for a solution... Anyone?

I ended up contacting rocket fish customer support and they advised returning the unit as it was defective. I just exchanged since it was less than 14 days since my purchase and I got a new one from Best Buy and I don't have the issue anymore.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom