Rocket League

Bit disappointed no Smash shown for my son (he's selling his WiiU nearer xmas for a dock etc and use my Switch on his TV)

But he LOVES this game so that's great news it's coming

Can't wait. Love this on the Xbox but to have it in handheld mode would just be amazing. Was telling two friends earlier today just how much I want this to be announced. Was convinced it wouldn't happen but even so I still came back to check if there was anything, just a hopeful whim. Honestly, so happy. The intentions of this being released and things like a new FIFA are massive IMO.

Also confirmed it will support cross network play, great for 2 reasons:
1: it means the switch can do it, I was a bit worried Nintendo wouldbe their usual selves and block this.
2: even if it doesn't sell well you can still play your mates on other consoles wherever you go like you never made the jump to this version.
The hats will be a nice touch on this to show who's playing the switch version and maybe he'll push awareness.

1: it means the switch can do it, I was a bit worried Nintendo wouldbe their usual selves and block this.
2: even if it doesn't sell well you can still play your mates on other consoles wherever you go like you never made the jump to this version.
The hats will be a nice touch on this to show who's playing the switch version and maybe he'll push awareness.

They'd already allowed cross-play with Minecraft, it's only Sony that are holding out.

Plunged over 100 hours into the PS4 version, this'll be a day one purchase for me. RL on the go, it's a no brainer!

One of the devs has posted that this will cost $19.99 so probably £19.99 over here too.

Capture.JPG

Any word on whether the Switch includes all the DLC that has been released on other platforms?

In the spotlight trailer the two guys confirmed it would include all the features and modes released thus far with exclusive content to come. Doesnt mention DLC itself though may be implied

skip to 47secs

This is a game that passed me by, but recently picked up a ps4 again and found it in my psn backlog so after this news finally have it a try. Definitely going to be at home on the switch if they can get their online offerings sorted properly before launch. I actually had fun just doing some exhibitions offline to see what it was and in actually tempted to go online with this one, I rarely bother with online titles.

So its a good game then ???

Only 359 hours. I am worried now I wont get my monies worth from this :rotfl:

Got this on xbox, ps4 and pc, will be a day 1 purchase on switch for me. Love this game.

Makes Sony look a bit bad now for not allowing cross play.

Players on other platforms won't see the Mario hats or other exclusive stuff.

Really can't wait for this to come out! Another double dipper.

Back in the old days I'd play PES/ISS to death. Then Mario Kart Wii and latterly Wii U. These days though Rocket League is my #1 pick up and play game.

It's a long way off but I'll be up for teaming up online with pretty much anyone, all skill groups. I'm ok on xboxone have moments of genius but (more often) moments of sheer idiocy). Love the simple tactical side of it though, covering when others make a dash forward etc. For such a simple premise it offers great variation in play and there's little better than teaming up and playing smart and beating someone considerably better than you that's playing for themselves.

I think one year in and I'm only just managing to make high altitude aerial interceptions (assisted by the boosting rather than just standard jumping-not sure how best to explain that one to anyone who has not seen/played) And even then no idea where the ball is going to go half the time. That's not to put others off though as I've been a bit of a slow learner on this.

Anyway, as I said, can't wait

Not tried this but again another ideal switch title! Depending on price this will be another one to add to the collection!

I think I might get this, enjoyed dabbling with the ps4 version but haven't over played it so it will still be fresh on the switch. I think the lack of triggers may be a bad thing though as I do find myself using them on this, it's one of the rate titles I actually use the function.

Late to the party having only played this for the first time on PS4 this week but now can't wait for the Switch release - definitely a day 1 purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom