Rock Revolutions song list is suprisingly good!!!!

drskhaled

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this is the rock band forum but i doubt rock revolution deserves its own subforum. Anyway since you can use RB instruments i thought i'd look up what songs it'll have and i was rather surprised;

All The Small Things - Blink 182
Chop Suey! - System Of A Down
Cum On Feel The Noize - Quiet Riot
Dnace, Dance - Fall Out Boy
Detroit Rock City - City
Dr.Feelgood - Motley Crue
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due - Megadeth
Pull Me Under - Dream Theater
Somebody Told Me - The Killers
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Stone Cold Crazy - Queen
The Joker And The Thief - Wolfmother
Spirit Of Radio - Rush
We're Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
White Room - Cream
Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row
Dirty Little Secret - All American Rejects
Last Resort - Papa Roach
Round and Round - Ratt
Still Of The Night - Whitesnake
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
No One Like You - Scorpions
Diary Of Jan - Breaking Benjamin
Blitzkrieg Bop - The Ramones
Falling Away From Me - Korn
The End Of Heartache - Killswitch Engage
Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden
Walk - Pantera
Heading Out To The Highway - Judas Priest
Won't Get Fooled Again - The Who
Pain - Three Days Grace
All My Life - Foo Fighters
Am I Evil? - Diamond Head / Metallica
Our Truth - Lacuna Coil
Sk834 Boi - Avril Lavigne
Kiss Me Deadly - Lita Ford
Magic Man - Heart
Paralyzer - Finger Eleven
Given Up - Linkin Park

Thats a really good selection imo. Theyre all covers mind (but so were GH1 and 2 and parts of RB and gh3) so you may not get that authentic vibe of the original but there are some excellent tracks there.

Here's their E3 cacophony just to put you off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH4qyxClBt0&feature=related

Ugghhh yeah it doesnt look good does it, but with a track list like that i may pick up the disc just for the songs and obviously use my RB/GH instruments. But seriously what where Konami thinking when they came up with the drum kit, these are the people who dominate the bemani genre over in Japan and creators of drum mania (the arcade version has a great looking drum kit, similar to ghwt kit), you'd have thought they could come up with better peripherals. Any how i reckon it'll do well in Japan as i doubt RB has even reached that audience yet.

that is a very nice tracklist. much more interesting for us metal fans. nice to see holy wars and end of heartache in there. korn too. walk by pantera ooooooooooooo. could be quite nice. those guys on the vieo suck big time.

Looks dire, the interface looks terrible and quite confusing. Definately won't be grabbing this.

Are they all copies then?! I thought I heard these were originals too!!

I guess as they're just starting out in the commercial worldwide field they'll take things slow, depending on success they may get a bit better at what they do and grab a share of the market. Something tells me Hmx and Activision have got a fairly strong foot hold at the moment!

They're all covers. I'll probably wait til this thing hits the bargain bin before picking it up. So I'll probably have it a couple of weeks after release then ;)

theres only a couple on there that excite me but as a rythm game junky i will still buy it as a solus and use my RB instruments

They're all covers.

Hmm, now, unless Wikipedia is wrong (as it normally is) they're original recordings. I'm taking this to mean master recordings, but a lot of people seem adament that they're all covers, so I'm confused! Anyway, I think this is where I read about them being masters!

Also, according to the same wiki article, the instruments from GH and RB will not be compatible with Rock Rev on xbox 360 and PS3 consoles, and that 'no info has been released on the compatibility of the Rock Rev controllers working with other games'. Now, I thought it was confirmed that RB2, GH:WT and RR are all compatible with one another?! This isnt a sticking point for me, I doubt i'll be getting it, but thought that if this is nonsense, then maybe the 'original recording' statement is also!

Right, answering own questions again!

Quote from Gamespot article reads...

Unlike Rock Band and later Guitar Heros, all songs in Rock Revolution will be cover versions.

Info sourced from here. I'm on the hunt to find out about instruments, but not so sure I need to as I'm almost positive they're confirmed as all working!!

Anyway, advice is to ignore wiki's site! :smashin:

:rolleyes:

Responding in kind, Microsoft officially confirmed today that peripherals for upcoming Xbox 360 rhythm games from Activision Blizzard, MTV Games, and Konami would enjoy similar support. "All the instruments from Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: World Tour, and Rock Revolution will be cross-compatible," said Microsoft online community manager Chris Paladino on the publisher's official marketing blog.

Go to bed Wikipedia! :rolleyes: At least I knew this was announced somewhere!

That is one of the bad things about anyone being able to edit wikipedia, the information isn't necessarily right. Someone should go and edit it to make it right.

how dare you kind sir.

We all know Wikipedia is the best thing ever. Anyone in the world can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information

Worst presentation ever!

Even i was embarrassed watching it. :oops::oops:

Cringeworthy mate!! Makes Brian Bright look like a PR genius! And he's far from that! :rolleyes:

^^^

Have to agree, the tribute band are awful but what bright spark had the idea of following a live performance (regardless of the cr*ppiness of the performers) with two people in the middle of a stage with tiny plastic guitar + little drum pads? If anything it emphasises how far from the real thing the game is :rolleyes:

I haven't been impressed with this at any point, its always looked a cheap tacky imitation trying to grab a quick buck. The drum kit looks pathertic and the only small glimmer of hope was a good tracklist but I'm not convinced the covers will sound that good either.

To finish that was indeed the worse presentation I've ever seen of a game, the quick hack job demo they did for RB using Welcome To The Jungle was 100 times more professional and informative than that car crash.

all covers = total pants IMO.

Played GH2 recently and having to play so many covers, bad covers at that, just reminds me why I would never even dream of getting this.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this, i like that a game decided to focus in on the drum kit...to me that ends up being more fun than any of the othe rpotential instruments...not sure you could pay me to sing in front of my friends...

I'm actually kind of looking forward to this, i like that a game decided to focus in on the drum kit...to me that ends up being more fun than any of the othe rpotential instruments...not sure you could pay me to sing in front of my friends...

The biggest concern I have over the game is the presentation and engine of the game look terrible. I can take covers if they're reasonable but the game just doesn't look well put together, hopefully my intial impression and that of some of the gaming press are wrong.

I dont mind covers either (obviously i'd prefer originals) all the previous GH games had covers and it didnt stop them being hugely fun. I'm not too bothered about the layout i reckon i'll adjust to it. The most important things are the note charts. Mess those up and the game is broken. If theyre fun and especially if the drums are authentically laid out then it'll be a blast. I'll be using GHWT drums on it so i hope they map the notes out sensibly, i honestly dont see many people outside of Japan buying their drumkit so they should pay special attention to charting for RB and GHWT drumkits.

TBH the more the merrier i say, i hope some other companies do GH/RB rip offs hopefully in amongst the pale imitations there'll be some real inovation. I was surpirsed the recent XBOX arcade rythm game (cant remember the name it just came out this wednesday) didnt use the guitar controller, it would have suited it perfectly as it uses five buttons and a downward scrolling chart.

14/10/08 in the states apparently. we'll probably get it next year. Still maybe it'll be region free.

Thanks for posting that review..going to pick this up today, and getting the drum peripheral as soon as it comes out...it seems like they really added a lot to the drum aspect...and i like how it still allowed for lead and bass guitar...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom