Rock Band Drum Pads

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread listing purely Rock Band Drum Pads. Rather than people having to dig around in numerous (and often long) threads, I'll try and keep the list in this first post updated. Perhaps we can get some reviews up too. I'll add pictures over time too. Keep the list updated if you can - I can't find all the other posts I know I've seen elsewhere on this forum!! Hence the thread.

1. Official Universal Rockband Drum Silencer

The single review on this site is pretty damning, mentioning, "Funny thing is this, you actually have to hit harder to make them work - and as I will explain later, even this doesn't fully work - which produces more sound. They do produce a softer noise, but they require more force, but that comes out naturally as you should be getting frustrated with missed notes."

2. RockBandDrumPads.com

Here's a review of the RockBandDrumPads.com stuff over at IGN.

3. DrumPads4RockBand.com

4. RockBandDrumSoft.com

5. Bryan Mentock sells gum rubber drum silencers

6. Drum Pads Inc.

7. Lots and lots of pre-cut pads on eBay

8. Staples and, in particular, Wilkinsons offer cheap coloured mouse mat packs, £2 for a set of four I believe.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Nice one Tufty! :smashin: All threads are blurring in to one these days! Dont forget the wilko mouse pads method! I know a lot of people (myself included) have gone for this cheap option, and they're supposed to work as good as any other method available!

Just gone for the RockBandDrumPads.com, (£15 inc del) will post a review when i get them.

i think they look great, with the extra black bit,

closeBlackAndColors400x300.jpg

Same here OasisMark.
Had mine about 2 weeks...just waitin 4 the drums themselves.
At least i've been able to lay mine on the table and see how big the drum heads will actually be.:)

Same here OasisMark.
Had mine about 2 weeks...just waitin 4 the drums themselves.
At least i've been able to lay mine on the table and see how big the drum heads will actually be.:)

Same here as well....just out of interest how long did yours take to arrive?

I ordered mine on the 16th.

I ordered mine from RockBandDrumPads and it's been dispatched yesterday so should be here friday. :smashin:

Just ordered a pair of the RockBandDrumPads. Will just have to turn up my amp to damp the sound out for now.:devil:

Quietening is a must for me as i normally play when mrs is in bed, so a constant tapping will put a stop to late night drumming for sure.

hope they are quiet.

my only concern would be that the pads are stuck to the drums. if you have any problems down the line, you may have trouble in getting your drum kit replaced....they do look great tho.

I am very suprised the official drums are not designed to be quiet.

The whole immersion into the "sound" will always be ruined if all you can hear is a load banging over the top....

:D As a red blooded man im proud to say I havnt got a clue what method was used! :smashin:

I'd love to say I hadn't ever knitted or done some crochet but sadly its not true lol. You can blame my grandma for me being stuck in a caravan in Hornsea when the weather was bad. I would hasten to add I've not touched the art for 15 years plus now lol :rotfl:.

Guyz! you may want to check http://www.rockbanddrumsoft.com/ out. They come highly recommended by most of the guys on other rock band sites and they have a lot of differant options depending on how you play the kit. Iv'e gone for the thin gum rubber myself.:hiya:

Cheers for that. I've added it to the list at the top of this post. There are a few more in the main Rock Band thread that I'll try and dig out later too.

I would hasten to add I've not touched the art for 15 years plus now lol :rotfl:.
Yea yea whatever! Theres rumours going round that youve kniited your very own Rock Band turtle neck jumper! :rotfl:

Anyway back on track now weve established your closet knitter... :smashin:

Only a one more sleep until im chopping up mouse mats! :clap:

5 minutes of butchering some fresh mouse pads = some make-shift silencers ready for service!

One thing I've learned from this experience - I'm still terrible with a pair of scissors! :p

Attachments

• mousemats.jpg
    mousemats.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 854
http://www.rockbanddrumsoft.com/drumset.html

Having read the above link can anyone confirm the version we are getting here in the UK. Maybe even the latest SL version? Hope its the QM at the very least though as I wont be happy if I get an EL and the drums start missing beats in 6 months.

Mine should be here today at sompoint so I will know soon. It wasnt something I was even aware of until this morning.

http://www.rockbanddrumsoft.com/drumset.html

Having read the above link can anyone confirm the version we are getting here in the UK. Maybe even the latest SL version? Hope its the QM at the very least though as I wont be happy if I get an EL and the drums start missing beats in 6 months.

Mine should be here today at sompoint so I will know soon. It wasnt something I was even aware of until this morning.

Well mines has arrived and is an EL. How lucky getting to pay £100 more than the US for the shoddy version of the kit. Thank my lucky stars. :mad:

Well mines has arrived and is an EL. How lucky getting to pay £100 more than the US for the shoddy version of the kit. Thank my lucky stars. :mad:

Don't worry, if they break, you are more likely to get a QM replacement, I reckon! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom