• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Rock Band DLC Recommendations?

Zack Attack

Well I've got some microsoft points, I only have disc export dlc (RB1,2,3,Lego etc) - ie no individual downloads, and I'm trawling through the wikipedia complete list of rock band dlc. I've got some bands who I'm rather partial to, but I figured I'd ask before buying -

What is your favourite DLC?
What are the most flat out FUN songs to play together with a group of friends?

PlexShaw

This is a very hard question to answer as musical taste varies a great deal but my two personal choices as far as packs go are Pearl Jam's Ten and the Creedence Clearwater Revival 12 pack.

BAN5HEE

Buckcherry - Rescue me
Bon Jovi album
Foo Fighters - Pretender
Live - Lightning crashes
Live - I Alone
Three Days Grace - Superman
There is just too many to name. I have over 160 DLC songs....

Bamford38

Banned
This is a very hard question to answer as musical taste varies a great deal but my two personal choices as far as packs go are Pearl Jam's Ten and the Creedence Clearwater Revival 12 pack.

Another vote here for Creedence Clearwater Revival pack.
I only bought it on a whim because it was on special offer a while ago, but they have definitely become some of my most played songs. I never realised "heard it on the grapevine" was such an epically long song!!

A few of my other favourites would have to be
Girls who play guitars - Maximo Park
How we operate - Gomez (Rock Band Network)
The Frattellis Pack
Oasis Pack
Man on the moon - REM
More than a feeling - Boston
This charming man - The Smiths
Paradise by the dashboard light - Meatloaf

Theres lots more, but these are some of the ones that always manage to sneak into my playlists

Stinja

Distinguished Member
As said music is very individual. I've got mates that dont like metal, some that only want to play metal, and my own grunge/prog preferences.

According to Kheldon's rockbandscores.com site, my fav DLC are:

Selected Pearl Jam Ten songs:
- Even Flow
- Black
- Jeremy
- Once

Most of the Soundgarden tracks, but in particular:
- Pretty Noose
- Outshined
- Burden in my hand
- Fell on Black Days

others
- Ghost of perdition
- The Metal
- War Pigs
- Mr Crawley
- Run to the Hills (original ver)
- No Woman No Cry
- Audience of One

PlexShaw

Stinja said:
- Mr Crawley
A classic song about a day Ozzy spent at Gatwick Airport.

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
I'd suggest going onto youtube and searching '*name of song - full band'
That way you can hear the song but also see if it's fun to play on all instruments.

I'd suggest Help is on the Way by Rise Against if you play a lot of drums. Awesome song (by an awesome band) and I really enjoy playing it :D

To be honest, I'd suggest getting all the Rise Against but obviously, might not be your taste in music :confused: :laugh:

Slyboy

It also depends on the instrument you intend to play it on. Typically I just play pro drums (although sometimes throw in a bit of plastic guitar) so I concentrate on those with fun drum charts.

My all time fav drum track is The Cowboy Song by Thin Lizzy. I still cant do it on expert but on hard you really feel like you are mullering the drums and cymbals like a proper drum animal!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom