Rock Band Blitz

BraveTyger

Established Member
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this, so thought I'd bite the bullet. It seemed more sensible to place this thread in with all the 'Rock Band' threads, rather than the XBLA forum, but I won't grumble if people think it should be moved!

Anyway, Rock Band Blitz is a new downloadable title from Harmonix, to be made available on XBLA (and Playstation Network) on August 29th. It's a beat-matching game similar to previous releases from Harmonix such as Frequency, Amplitude and Rock Band: Unplugged. It's played using a normal controller, rather than our beloved plastic guitars.

It's been priced at 1,200 MSP.

It comes with 25 songs, 23 of which are new to the Rock Band franchise. It also instantly work with "your existing Rock Band music library, including content from the Rock Band Music Store, as well as tracks exported from Rock Band, Rock Band 2, and more". According to an interview on Rockbandaide, the "and more" is Green Day Rock Band and Lego Rock Band, but not the tracks on the Rock Band 3 disc.

In addition, Harmonix have confirmed that all the Blitz tracks will be importable into Rock Band 3 at no extra charge, making the game a great value track pack if nothing else!

All 25 tracks have now been confirmed. They are:
  • "Always" - Blink-182
  • "Cult of Personality" - Living Colour
  • "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)" - Shinedown
  • "I'm Still Standing" - Elton John
  • "Jessie's Girl" - Rick Springfield
  • "Jungle Boogie" - Kool & the Gang
  • "Kids in the Street" - All-American Rejects
  • "Metal Health (Bang Your Head)" - Quiet Riot
  • "Once Bitten, Twice Shy" - Great White
  • "One Week" - Barenaked Ladies
  • "A Little Less Sixteen Candles" - Fall Out Boy
  • "Pumped Up Kicks" - Foster the People
  • "Raise Your Glass" - P!nk
  • "Shine" - Collective Soul
  • "Shout" - Tears for Fears
  • "Sing" - My Chemical Romance
  • "So Far Away" - Avenged Sevenfold
  • "We Are Young" - Fun
  • "The Wicker Man" - Iron Maiden
  • "These Days" - Foo Fighters
  • "Stronger" - Kelly Clarkson
  • "Moves Like Jagger" - Maroon 5
  • "Death on Two Legs" - Queen
  • "Give It Away" - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
  • "Spoonman" - Soundgarden

Here's some handy links to interviews, screenshots and videos:

The Official Website: Rock Band Blitz // Games // Rock Band®

'X-Play' Interview on Rockbandaide: Rock Band Blitz Debuted on X-Play

'TheVerge' Interview: http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/4/4/2924768/rock-band-blitz-xbla-psn

'OXM' Interview: Official XBOX Magazine | Rock Band Blitz (XBLA) announced! First-look preview + video!

Last edited:
Meh. They need to focus on real instruments more. Hopefullt Rockband 4 will deliver this. However if it has some good songs I will most likely get it to add to my library.

BAN5HEE said:
They need to focus on real instruments more.
I think this announcement sends a clear message that it isn't where the money is unfortunately.

As for the game, not fussed really, but will probably get it to play the songs in RB3 (once my throat is back to normal).

Yup, cheap track pack for RB3 for me (hopefully)! Great White is worth the entry price alone.

Only be interested if a handful of the tracks have Pro Upgrades available to buy. Would like Foster The People, dont love the track but it goes round in my brain for ages after hearing it each time.

I think this announcement sends a clear message that it isn't where the money is unfortunately.

It's a shame if they don't...I can't wait for Rocksmith to get released over here though.

Me too! Bye bye RB 3 downloads. Soon I will need you know more. Probably sell my squire as well and buy a decent electric.

This sort of negativity really doesn't help the situation, does it? I wonder how much it puts people off if this is all they read?

I was a bit "meh" when I first saw the X-Play segment, but the idea has grown on me a bit. But we're not really the target audience for the game itself. They're probably expecting core RB players to buy it as a trackpack. I think it's quite a clever move by Harmonix if it pays off. And if it helps provide some much-needed funds to allow them to develop RB4, I'll all for it.

I'm a bit of a sucker for rhythm games, so I'll probably try it out for the game itself. Hopefully there will be a demo, with it being on XBLA.

Me too! Bye bye RB 3 downloads. Soon I will need you know more. Probably sell my squire as well and buy a decent electric.

I wouldn't give up on RB3. I love the pro drums part of it. But I look forward to a proper guitar game.

I wouldn't give up on RB3. I love the pro drums part of it. But I look forward to a proper guitar game.

Likewise. I'm excited at the prospect of being able to play bass in Rocksmith. I was disappointed that MadCatz/Harmonix never released a Pro Bass peripheral (although I understand their financial reasons for not doing so).

Any word on if you can play Blitz with instruments? or is it pad only? (cant read links at work)

where the money is
The writing was clear, so i'm hoping this will sell and give them enough funds to do a proper RB4, or even a DLC to upgrade RB3 into "real Pro" or something? But ultimately if they cant make money somehow, we're never going to see an unpopular genre be revived.
Look at the poor sales of mecha games or pure RPGs, where Mass Effect went very shooter and ripped out most of the RPG side...

Any word on if you can play Blitz with instruments? or is it pad only? (cant read links at work)

It doesnt even mention pads, so ive got a feeling it may be a kinect game.

But you definitely cant use instruments :thumbsdow

It doesnt even mention pads, so ive got a feeling it may be a kinect game.

But you definitely cant use instruments :thumbsdow

'Guitar Hero' Creator Reveals Details of New Summer Game Release 'Rock Band Blitz' (Q&A) - The Hollywood Reporter

Definitely played with controllers.

THR: Why did you decide to move away from the plastic music controllers for this experience?

Nordhaus: The full Rock Band games remain a great cooperative and social experience. But if you want to get a quick hit of great music with some competitive, arcade-style action, you can grab your controller and be playing Rock Band Blitz almost instantly. You don't even need to put a disc into your console.

It says in the first post that it's played with a normal controller.

Very smart move by Harmonix, im unlikely to buy another full RB title, yet i feel like an idiot since i have a mountain of tracks (350+) on my HDD doing nothing, if this gives me another way to enjoy that content again im all in, looks pretty neat too :)

As mentioned in previous posts, this game is definitely pad only. Interestingly, the various previews coming out from the recent PAX event all confirm that there are multiple button configurations available to players.

I was a bit "meh" when I first saw the X-Play segment, but the idea has grown on me a bit. But we're not really the target audience for the game itself. They're probably expecting core RB players to buy it as a trackpack. I think it's quite a clever move by Harmonix if it pays off. And if it helps provide some much-needed funds to allow them to develop RB4, I'll all for it.

I agree. I think this game represents a smart move by Harmonix.

It introduces the Rock Band franchise and its vast library of DLC to new players. One or two of them may 'graduate' onto Rock Band 3, but many of them will, I think, treat themselves to one or two downloadable tracks. This will hopefully fund continuing DLC for both games.

Meanwhile, existing RB3 stalwarts will get a great value song-pack and a new game that will enable them to enjoy all their existing DLC in a different way. In particular, it represents an opportunity to play those 'Impossible' difficulty songs you enjoy listening to but just can't play! :laugh:

The sad fact is that Rock Band 3, despite receiving universally stellar reviews, has not sold well. The bottom has fallen out of the 'band game' market, and fans of the series have been fortunate that Harmonix obviously love their baby and have continued to support it, despite the raw sales data implying that they should perhaps wrap it up and focus all their energies on the currently very successful Dance Central franchise.

If Rock Band Blitz helps keep the DLC flowing and the Rock Band platform alive, then I'm all for it. :)

Is it any wonder RB3 didn't sell well? The pro instruments were difficult to get hold of, did they even release the RB2 drums over here in the end? Or the cymbals? I only got mine by buying the Beatles Ltd edition.

It had virtually no advertising over her either, if any did it? They should have put the Queen ad out here.

For those who are still interested, Harmonix have confirmed a release date of 29th August and a price of 1,200 MSP - not too bad for a song pack combined with an XBLA game.

I've updated the opening post to show all the songs confirmed so far; there's still a few more to be revealed.

Not gonna lie....None of those tracks makes me want to go out and spend 1200 points....

I have to admit ive not touched RB3 for months and months, Drums, up in the loft, too much of a pain to get out & set up. Not sure where guitar is, but im more interested in playing for real, so im pretty excited about Rocksmith too.

Natural progression of the music game really, dont want to go back to plastic guitars with 5 buttons, when i can play a real guitar (when Rocksmith is out)

I have to admit ive not touched RB3 for months and months, Drums, up in the loft, too much of a pain to get out & set up. Not sure where guitar is, but im more interested in playing for real, so im pretty excited about Rocksmith too.

Natural progression of the music game really, dont want to go back to plastic guitars with 5 buttons, when i can play a real guitar (when Rocksmith is out)

You could have enjoyed and still be enjoying RB3 if you had bought a Squire:D Best £200 eve:smashin:r spent

You could have enjoyed and still be enjoying RB3 if you had bought a Squire:D Best £200 eve:smashin:r spent

Searched for ages, they weren't exactly easy to get hold of, and £200 aint easy money to shell out either.

AND i would have had to upgrade loads of my DLC for extra cash.

AND it needed the £40 adapter

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom