Queen – “Death on Two Legs”
Quiet Riot – “Metal Health (Bang Your Head)”
Shinedown – "Diamond Eyes (Boom-Lay Boom-Lay Boom)”
Soundgarden – “Spoonman”
Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Give It Away”
Rick Springfield – “Jessie's Girl”
Tears for Fears – “Shout”

BraveTyger

Just to keep things neat and tidy, I've updated the first post with the full setlist.

Only a few days to go until this is released (although I notice PlexShaw has got his hands on this early - got time for a quick review? ;))

PlexShaw

My quick review is that it seems okay so far but I'm terrible at it and can't figure out how to get a good score yet.

TBH, I've spent more time with the tracks in the RB3 than playing Blitz itself. I completed the full game FC (100% on all songs) on Expert vocals on Saturday and, as far as I can tell, was the very first person to do so.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I completed the full game FC (100% on all songs) on Expert vocals on Saturday and, as far as I can tell, was the very first person to do so.

Not really surprising as it not out yet! ;)

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Actually quite looking forward to this today!

Tufty McTavish

Actually quite looking forward to this today!

Me too. Even bought some points the other week ready for it. I've Pocket-ed a few reviews to try and figure out what the game's about, but as a track-pack for RB3 this is essential to my mind. And something else that uses my by-now rather large RB3 library seems an extremely useful bonus.

chewyx

This is the first ever rock band game I hvent rushed to buy the first moment I could. Although that may be something to do with the fact that my drums are currently packed away for the forseable future.

Still, will probably pick it up at some point. I look forward to the reviews

samtman

It's quite good but a bit disappointed that I can't import my rock band 3 tracks. My own fault should have looked first as has been mentioned.

samtman

mowen said:
As far as I'm aware you can. That's one of the major features of the game.

No you can play all the new tracks on rock band 3 but not the other way round although on blitz you can play all your other tracks (rockband 1-3 & green day) but as the tracks off rock band 3 are not on your hard drive as an import you cannot use the tracks from rb3.

Horace

Well, I played this for about an hour last night and I'm still trying to work out what I'm doing.

Didn't manage any better than three stars on any of the songs.

Lee

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Im enjoying it, at first i thought the lack challenge in the note charts (being only two buttons and all) wouldn't be very interesting; but when adding the mechanics of switching between and levelling up all the tracks plus using your overdrive power effectively it can get quite involving in places.

Its a very different way of playing a rhythm game and its much more of a "game" than any of the Rock Band games but its quite fun when your "in the groove" still.

I do think they have botched the coins implementation though, it seems like the ratio is off; if you try and choose three power ups each time, you never seem to have enough coins, ive taken to just playing new tracks with no power ups first as you get double coins for new tracks and I have a mountain of DLC, so eventually ill have a huge stockpile and can just play at will trying to hit high scores.

Good stuff so far :)

Spidey987

I'm stockpiling my coins too, I'm so awful at the game right now, that I'd absolutely be wasting them. And even then, I think I'll try a song a few times, get an optical path in my head and then use the power ups.

Wish you could customize the control layout, if I could use X/B to hit notes and have A as the powerup, I think I'd be doing much better.

BAN5HEE

Also played for about an hour last night. Actualy enjoyed it. Like the new songs. I'm happy to see some more Foo's from the wasting light album. It makes me believe they have the rights for the whole album for DLC. Once that gets released I will be all over it.

Big

Novice Member
Runaway notes is definitely the best power up for me. I usually get between an extra 50-80k per song as a result of this power up, but a pathetic 10k for everything else.

Crid

So far I kind of suck at it (and I have sore thumbs). I don't do too badly at hitting the notes, but I seem to regularly pass checkpoints with one of the instruments at the bottom multiplier, so it doesn't go up. Practice will hopefully improve that.

I agree that the coins and seriously gimped offline mode both detract from the game. I ended up buying it mostly for the tracks. I only knew about half a dozen, but I spent a bit of time on YouTube looking up all the tracks I didn't know. The Queen track was one of the tracks I had never heard before(!)

I've only played a few tracks in RB3 so far, but I was impressed with the All-American Rejects track on Expert Bass. Harder than I expected and quite good fun.

Christian 71

Distinguished Member
Can't say I was too excited about this, but I thought I'd give it ago. Actually glad I did as it's really addictive and not a bad game. Certainly worth the 8-9 quid on xbox live.

The only complaint I have is that you can't play multiplayer as my daughter and wife keep asking for a go :D

Love the xbox live integration as this is the real hook, but struggling to match Dan's scores. I've overtaken Mr Ledge now, but not able to match Doris's (?) scores.

Feel free to send me a friend request if you have not already.

mac40

Surprisingly good fun this is. Reminds me of the PSP Rock Band game which I used to enjoy.

Still trying to find the best power ups to use but Big ( Dans) suggestion of the Runaway power up seems a good option at the moment.

Going to add some of those I don't have on my friends list for some healthy competition if that is ok?

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Going to add some of those I don't have on my friends list for some healthy competition if that is ok?

Ah i wondered who mac40 was ill add you shortly :)

Crid

And me! I feel like I suck at this game because I'm mostly getting 4 stars and haven't got any golds yet. But apart from sore thumbs, I'm having fun in small doses with it.

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Add me if u like?

Wierd i thought you were alreadly on my list? Added:smashin:

And me! I feel like I suck at this game because I'm mostly getting 4 stars and haven't got any golds yet. But apart from sore thumbs, I'm having fun in small doses with it.

Accepted :)

Need to get back on this still got loads of DLC to play through :thumbsup:

Only realised the other day you can stop it amplifying the track you are playing the other day, you can also turn down all the bells and whistles so its actually just sounds like the track is intended to sound, apart from when a crazy solo come up and i miss loads of notes :D

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Is there a demo for this? Keep thinking I should try it, but I've seen it on Youtube and it doesn't really do it for me, may be the sort of game that needs to be played to see how good it is.

AndrewH13

Distinguished Member
I'm only interested if there will be a few Pro Upgrades, but I might have a long wait?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audio-Technica launches ATH-SQ1TW true wireless earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for December 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Steve Withers
  • Published
Black Friday 2021: What you need to know