Robots on hd!!!!!!????

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by dazzafact, Aug 20, 2006.

1. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Not sure this has been mentioned on any earlier showins of Robots, so apologies if it has; but this is my first time watching this and am witnessing terrible blocking on the backgrounds (not sure of its techie name, soz for my ignorance), it's the worst I've experienced and wondered whether anyone has similar. I've flicked through my pic settings thinking it may help, but to no avail. I have a tosh 37 wlt58, not that it's my tv at fault. I'm a little dissappointed that I had the chance to watch some good animation in HD and it would seem that the bitrate has been reduced enough for me to question its HDness!:eek: :eek: :eek:

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,102
    Yeah I'm sick of this, cancelling movies as it's just not HD this, it's HD by name but that's all. Bourne Supremacy last night looked terrible, like a half decent dvd.

3. gangst

gangst
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, was flicking through the HD channels and saw Robots was on. I remember one scene in a factory with this robot with smoke coming out of its head look awful, so much pixelation on the smoke (often the case though with smoke and fog.), I also remebr cogs in the background turning and huge blocks of pixelation on the cogs.

Looked poor.

4. dazzafact

dazzafact

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    just watched the last scene which looked fantastic, but much more going on in the foreground to notice any blocking. Really dissapointed at the mo, was watching footie last week and felt dizzy watching it; was a bit strange really, not really able to put my finger on it. Was like everthing was out of focus slightly and when the camera panned across it made the situation worse, like enforced motion sickness. It was either the camera work or my head finally about to pack in!!:eek: :eek: :eek: What would cancelling the movies do to the price of the package, I'm sure it used to be about a 3 quid difference?