Robot vacuum cleaner recommendations?

Sorry to jump onto this thread but didn't want to start another.

I think it is time we get a Robot Vacuum. Downstairs we don't have any carpets and all wood or laminate in the kitchen and playroom.
We are probably hoovering twice a day now thanks to the cat and 2 daughters so thinking a Robot Vacuum would save us some time and probably do a better job than our ageing Dyson Handheld.

Ideally would like one with a Mop Function and the ability to set a no go zone for the rug so it does not Mop the rug or at least know not to mop the rug.

I have been looking at the RoboRock Q7 Max+ and seems to regularly drop to about £350 on Amazon. Does this look any good or any others that would be better in this price range ?

roborock Q7 Max+ Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Hands-Free Cleaning for up to 7 Weeks, with APP-Controlled Mopping, 4200Pa Suction, No-Mop&No-Go Zones, 180mins Runtime, Works with Alexa(Black) https://amzn.eu/d/9wmJtDp
At lot of the clever functionality comes from the software and therefore app. With a LiDAR based camera the maps can cover areas or no-go areas that you wish, and you can ring specifc zones, rooms, areas within rooms etc.

So in my living room the edge where there are windows and floor length curtains is an area I want cleaning but I block the areas where I don’t want it to go.

EcoVacs Deebot 10 Plus is my robot recommendation

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
At lot of the clever functionality comes from the software and therefore app. With a LiDAR based camera the maps can cover areas or no-go areas that you wish, and you can ring specifc zones, rooms, areas within rooms etc.

So in my living room the edge where there are windows and floor length curtains is an area I want cleaning but I block the areas where I don’t want it to go.

EcoVacs Deebot 10 Plus is my robot recommendation

Thanks will add that to the list and see if it appears in a sale.
Does the Mop Function work well ?

Thanks will add that to the list and see if it appears in a sale.
Does the Mop Function work well ?
It’s ok for light duties on wood and kitchen floor tiles. Nothing beats a good Vileda though in reality.

If you want a good mopping robot, from my experience you really need a robot that it's sole duty is mopping rather than a combined mop and vacuum.

My S5 Max does a decent job of mopping, I have hard floors throughout the house, but it still needs a real mopping now and again to get out tough marks, dried spills etc.

It’s ok for light duties on wood and kitchen floor tiles. Nothing beats a good Vileda though in reality.

If you want a good mopping robot, from my experience you really need a robot that it's sole duty is mopping rather than a combined mop and vacuum.

My S5 Max does a decent job of mopping, I have hard floors throughout the house, but it still needs a real mopping now and again to get out tough marks, dried spills etc.

Thanks both, just wanted to see if actually works I guess and would just be seen as a bonus and not replace fully mopping. If it does a decent job then I will look at ones that come with it as an option rather than something that would not be used.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I have an old iRobot mop and it does a great job of mopping, but compared to the Roborock and others it's as dumb as a plank and very slow.

In the time my Roborock has done the entire ground floor, the iRobot still hasn't finished the lounge.
It can only do one room at a time, set it up and forget, then shut the door and leave it to it. It does do a far better job of mopping though.

I have an old iRobot mop and it does a great job of mopping, but compared to the Roborock and others it's as dumb as a plank and very slow.

In the time my Roborock has done the entire ground floor, the iRobot still hasn't finished the lounge.
It can only do one room at a time, set it up and forget, then shut the door and leave it to it. It does do a far better job of mopping though.
One room at a time? Pfffft, mine goes up and down the stairs.

With a helpful shove.

I'm sat drinking wine and watching YouTube reviews of Robot Vacuums. Rock n Roll !

Think I might just scrap the idea and buy something cool instead....but then I can tell Alexa to do the Hoovering and that is cool, yeah ?!? YEAH ?!?

I'm sat drinking wine and watching YouTube reviews of Robot Vacuums. Rock n Roll !

Think I might just scrap the idea and buy something cool instead....but then I can tell Alexa to do the Hoovering and that is cool, yeah ?!? YEAH ?!?
Plus it can act as a mobile video camera when you are out, just set it off moochi around, enabling you to monitor your skirting boards from the office/beach/car.

I honestly would be without one now.

Plus it can act as a mobile video camera when you are out, just set it off moochi around, enabling you to monitor your skirting boards from the office/beach/car.

I honestly would be without one now.
Wow that and it being a mobile air freshener also !!

I'm torn between the 2 now, the Robovac seems to suck more but the other one seems better at avoiding stuff and the mop vibrates oooh.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom