Robocop Returns (TBC) dir: Abe Forsythe

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Here we go again

Dh10iE5XUAAlI1z.jpg

Neill Blomkamp
is directing ‘RoboCop Returns’ for MGM; Sequel to the Original Film, version of the movie was planned as a sequel to the original film, but it was never made.

Neill Blomkamp To Direct New ‘RoboCop’ For MGM; Justin Rhodes Rewriting Sequel Script By Creators Ed Neumeier & Michael Miner

New 'Robocop' Movie on the Way, Neill Blomkamp Directing

Last edited:
Wow.

At least Sir Ridley can't fudge this one up for him ;) . Great news and should be the perfect director for the franchise :thumbsup:.

I'm pleased to see he's got a new big screen project on the go :thumbsup:

maybe now we'll get the sequel the original deserved. I'll be looking forward to some absolutely massive guns :D

Great news! Blomkamp is a really great choice for this. Can't wait!

I'd like to see Peter Weller involved in some capacity, even if it's requires the aid of some quality effects work or some voice work.

This appears to be following Hollywood's latest tread - take a well loved original film, and ignore every follow up since. With this, Halloween, and Terminator, surely it's only a matter of time before Blomkamp's own Aliens sequel is re-energised. :)

Great news! Blomkamp is a really great choice for this. Can't wait!

Yup District 9 and Elysium is kinda a job application for Robocop in many ways . I do like the realistic imagery he brings and the weaponry he delivers in his films.

Match , made if it follows Verhoven even just a lil .

Oh god why

fudgeing A.

This appears to be following Hollywood's latest tread - take a well loved original film, and ignore every follow up since. With this, Halloween, and Terminator, surely it's only a matter of time before Blomkamp's own Aliens sequel is re-energised. :)

I was thinking that. After the abysmal Covenant Ridleys powers maybe some what dampened. If this does well then maybe there is a chance.

i thought the remake from a few years back wasnt as bad as everyone made it out to be - sure not a patch on the original robo-dredd but overall it was a decent enough update.

i'd love a sequel to D9 but thats probably out the picture - i reckon he'll do good job with this.

I read that they're re-working an script for the original sequel in which Robocop was moth-balled and brought back online line years later. I'm OK with this as long as Weller is involved and it's not a 12a certificate.

Unlike the rest of you, I don't feel the hype for this. Robocop for me was very much a product of the 80's way of life. That's exactly where it will always belong. I hated the remake a few years back with a passion too, so that probably doesn't help things!

I kinda see where Rich is coming from. As much as I really like Blomkamp's work, the concept of Robocop does indeed feel like a product of it's time, and Verhoeven's satirical nature was perfect for such a film.

That said, it's Blomkamp and if any young emerging filmmaker deserves a crack at Robocop, it's him and i'm already convinced that this film will be MUCH better than the sequels and I don't even have to mention to remake.

Unlike the rest of you, I don't feel the hype for this. Robocop for me was very much a product of the 80's way of life. That's exactly where it will always belong. I hated the remake a few years back with a passion too, so that probably doesn't help things!

In these Trumpy snowflakey times perhaps it's a better time to revisit that violent reality!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom