Robocop Blu Ray (which version?)

marcaaron22

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to buy Robocop on Blu Ray but don't know which version is the best to get,
Just to add, it needs to be Region B or multi-region, I'm not too bothered whether its a Steelbook or not

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums mobile app

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Is this the 4k transfer?
I know I haven't got a 4k TV, but any slight improvement on picture/sound quality is always welcome, however small

Is this the 4k transfer?
I know I haven't got a 4k TV, but any slight improvement on picture/sound quality is always welcome, however small

I believe the new transfer was done at 4k but don't confuse that with what is presented on the BD, the disc is still limited to 1080p so even if you had a 4k TV it wouldn't suddenly become true 4K it would just be upscaled.

That is not to say that we BD owners won't receive any benefits from these new 4K scans as we will, a lot of older BD releases used dated masters that were created for DVD or broadcast, just look at the horrible first release of Gladiator compared to the re-issue, the benefits of a brand new transfer are plain to plain to see.

Last edited:
Just want to say Thanks,
just bought it from my local HMV store this afternoon, picture quality is excellent

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Are these 4k remasters the 'Superbit' of BR's?

yes,just bought it from my local HMV store this afternoon, picture quality is excellent.thankshttp://******/aOFG6D

Are these 4k remasters the 'Superbit' of BR's?

Sony's 'Mastered in 4K' line are pretty much that as they give the film a high bitrate and remove all extras but releases like Robocop and The Terminator are just finally getting the release they deserved along with a healthy amount of bonus material.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom