RoboCop (1987) (Zavvi Exclusive) (4K UHD Steelbook)

No chance. I haven't picked up mine yet mind but I did have the Zavvi Blu-ray steelbook and this seems the same apart from the 4K disc. It will have a booklet but that booklet is about half the size of the one in the LE.

Yeah that's kind of what I figured too. Seems to just be copy/pasted info on Zavvi.
Will probably go for the LE instead then!

Yeah that's kind of what I figured too. Seems to just be copy/pasted info on Zavvi.
Will probably go for the LE instead then!
The steelbook looks much nicer than the LE mind!

@Jim Di Griz Yes indeed, totally agree. The LE artwork looks pretty awful tbh. Like a cheap movie poster from the 80s (which I guess is pretty fitting lol). Makes for a though choice.

No chance. I haven't picked up mine yet mind but I did have the Zavvi Blu-ray steelbook and this seems the same apart from the 4K disc. It will have a booklet but that booklet is about half the size of the one in the LE.

Sam Davies posted on another forum that the steel does have a different finish after all…

This reprint does not have the same finish as the previous one. They're actually complete opposites. I have them both in hand.

Old, everything is glossy except robocop and car on the front.

New, everything is matte except robocop and car on the front.

The steelbook looks much nicer than the LE mind!

It does artwork wise, though I still like it and the overall package of the LE, wanted the bigger book. Will be adding the previous steel to it anyway to make an “ultimate” edition so best of both worlds.

I watched the 4K version at weekend and have to say that I was disappointed with the overall picture quality compared with the previous BD which had the same 4K scan. I did not see much of an upgrade and even the HDR appeared fairly subdued.

Of course, the movie is old and grainy and has some footage that just looks awful now such as the opening TV news footage that the movie opens with which looks really really bad, like VHS upscaled to 4K and appears throughout the movie.

It's a bit of a mixed bag in all honesty and I would say that if you own the previous BD 4K scan then there really no reason to buy the 4K version.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom