RoboCop (1987) Limited Edition 4K UHD

Aw god sod off!!
I'm not buying this damn film again! I'm not! No way! Kiss my backside! 4k scan for the extra footage???
Nnno! I don't care! It looks great on blu...it's really pretty decent, I'm more or less happy with what I've got...i mean it's still the same film , yeah?

Pre-ordered...for Gods sake.
Well give the man a hand! :D

I've pre-ordered the steel for now and see what happens. Your idea of getting the boxset and putting the steelbook in that isn't a bad one mind...

I decided to do something similar.

I picked up a Blu-ray boxset for £13 off Ebay and expect to recoup at least half that back from selling the film. I will then add my 4k steelbook and, hopefully, end up with a “deluxe” Steelbook edition for the same price as the Limited Edition.

A bit of a rigmarole but worth the hassle.

For the US, the UK release is unaffected, so far.

Note

Zavvi USA sells the USA release

Zavvi UK and the other Zavvi international websites is UK release

Arrow Video when they do UK and USA titles they are separate releases the UK release have BBFC age rating

Arrow Video USA releases don't have BBFC age rating

If you ordered from Zavvi USA and don't want to watil until April 12th

UK release is still March 28th
Order the UK release from Zavvi UK or Zavvi Ireland instead

Note Mary Shelley's Frankenstein has also had a USA release date change to April 12th but UK release date is still March 28th

Zavvi USA sell USA editions when Arrow have a UK and USA release

The question is do I get the Zavvi exclusive Steelbook with the original artwork or the Collector's Edition that will accompany my The Thing Collector's Edition nicely....?

The question is do I get the Zavvi exclusive Steelbook with the original artwork or the Collector's Edition that will accompany my The Thing Collector's Edition nicely....?
The steelbook is really nice. Proper artwork unlike the limited edition and The Thing LE too come to that.

This reminds me of one of my favourite Simpsons quotes:

Flight attendant: "Sir, what would you like for dinner, a steak, or two steaks?"

Homer: "Can I have both?"

Take a drink every time Paul Boland mentions Zavvi.

Book a liver transplant beforehand.

The steelbook is really nice. Proper artwork unlike the limited edition and The Thing LE too come to that.
Yeah I know Jim, thing is I'm a sucker for "big box" films like the Second Sight stuff....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom