1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves DVD questions

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by PoochJD, Jul 4, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

A few questions regarding this newly-released film, out on R1 DVD, known as "Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves - Extended Version".

1) According to some sites, the film has got 12 minutes of new material, never-before-seen. Does this version also include all the material that was censored and/or cut from the UK cinema and video prints of the film (e.g. the "f___ me, he cleared it" quote from Will Scarlet, when they are catapulted over the castle wall; the attempted rape of Marian by the Sheriff Of Nottingham; the scene of the Sheriff twisting the sword into his cousin's stomach, etc, etc)?

2) Some websites say that the film itself, has a DTS soundtrack, whilst others claim it is only a DD5.1, plus a DD5.1 track for the music-only track. So which is it, please?

3) Is the Bryan Adams music video the regular 5 minute version, or the longer 7 minute cut, which includes some extra verses, just as the CD Soundtrack included the 7 minute audio version of the song?

All help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks people. :)

Pooch

2. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Watched this earlier this week - all the scenes you mentioned were in it plus more in the Jerusalem dungeon than was in the UK print, as well as more Alan Rickman scenes.

Soundtracks for the film are DD5.1 and DTS.

Not watched the Bryan Adams video yet, but it is a live performance from Slane Castle if that's any indicator.

3. Mike Swannick

Mike Swannick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Slightly O/T but I saw Nick Brimble (Little John) in Starbucks in Wimbledon on Friday lunch time. He didn't see me though.

4. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    I recall a rumour at the time time the film was released that preview audiences all liked Alan Rickman far more than they liked Costner, to such an extent that Costner (or possibly the studio) insisted some of Rickman's scenes be cut out.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Thank people for the speedy response.

Pooch