• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Robin hood prince of thieves bluray cut?

marty1

Okay maybe I'm imagining it but I used to own the ntsc laserdisc version of this film, which was fully uncut :smashin:

I just bought the bluray version which bbfc have stated that there is no cuts been made :thumbsup:

I watched the opening sequence where the guy gets his hand cut off and it seems different to what I remember, I seem to remember when they cut the guys hand off the guy holding the severed hand holds the hand up and laughs at it as it swings around on the strap, this version you see him start to laugh as the hand swings towards him and it cuts away.

Does anyone remember this the same way? It has been a very long time since I saw the laserdisc version so there is every chance I am being paranoid as I still do not fully trust the bbfc.

I hope someone can put my mind at ease :lease:

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
The memory plays tricks.

There were people claiming that The Dark Knight was cut on DVD, etc, when it was nothing of the sort.

As far as I'm aware, it's not only uncut, but a port of the US release.

Thus far all of Warner's UK BDs of movies that were previously censored,(and there are quite a few), have been released uncut.

Last edited:

marty1

The memory plays tricks.

There were people claiming that The Dark Knight was cut on DVD, etc, when it was nothing of the sort.

Thus far all of Warner's UK BDs of movies that were previously censored,(and there are quite a few), have been released uncut.

I thought it might be, I wanted to be sure as it was bugging me, but I did buy the region 1 dvd release and I thought that was cut too as it was the same as this one. It would still be nice to see if anyone has the laserdisc version to refer to.

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
There were no differences on the US Laserdisc, so my memory tells me. This reminds me of brian s and his magical uncut laserdisc of From Dusk Till Dawn. :D

Speaking of RH:pOT in general, it's a shame that the theatrical cut has effectively been replaced with the longer version. Warners have a habit of doing this, see Amadeus also. I don't mind the longer version, but it introduces at least one plot hole (matey can speak even though his tongue has been cut out) and generally pads out what is already quite a long film. Still, at least the horrible clipping which plagued the DVD audio (both original and SE) has been eliminated.

marty1

I can rest easy and enjoy, it's about time they started releasing these great films uncut.

Has anyone noticed It seems to always be films where Michael Kamen does the music to that were cut badly :rolleyes:

Hopefully Die Hard with a vengeance will be released over here uncut on bluray? (again Michael Kamen :))

The Matrix
Dark Knight
Batman Returns
Robin Hood
Nico

Is the above the whole list of Warner blu-rays that have been released uncut or are there more? Tango & Cash maybe?

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Dark Knight wasn't ever cut. That's another myth. You can add Batman Forever to the list though, plus Lethal Weapon 2 and 4 (Michael Kamen again :D ).

figrin_dan

True Romance was cut (on vhs). The dvd and Blu-ray were not. But that probably starts a whole new list.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
Tango & Cash
Demolition Man
The Negotiator(?)

For some odd reason, I was convinced that they're released Eraser on BD uncut, but it
must be old age, as it has no UK release. Imagine my face, as I tried to find it in HMV, before realising.

Last edited:

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
I thought they'd released Eraser as well, but no dice Chicago. Folks who don't import will have to wait a bit longer to see that big alligator turned into luggage.

Don't think Negotiator was cut.

I'd love to see Warner release an uncut Out For Justice over here on Blu.

:lease:

Import it, the US release is cheap and region free.

Unless you're one of these weirdos that won't import. ;)

No, I don't import any more.

Paid far too much for imported Region 1 dvds back in the day and won't make that mistake again. I remember buying Romeo Must Die before it came out in the cinemas over here, that was a bit of a coup until I actually saw the movie! :mad:

Plus I hate the slimmer cases for US blu-rays plus the risk of the dual language French covers which look like crap on the shelf.

I'm very anal about that sort of stuff, sue me. ;)

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member

Paid far too much for imported Region 1 dvds back in the day and won't make that mistake again. I remember buying Romeo Must Die before it came out in the cinemas over here, that was a bit of a coup until I actually saw the movie! :mad:

Plus I hate the slimmer cases for US blu-rays plus the risk of the dual language French covers which look like crap on the shelf.

:laugh:

hippo99

Distinguished Member

Hardly breaking the bank if you import it from Amazon.com (& won't have French cover). Around £9 delivered?
Amazon.com: Out for Justice [Blu-ray]: Steven Seagal: Movies & TV

Didn't like Romeo must Die, but like Steven Seagal movies? :facepalm::rotfl:

Last edited:
£9 is a decent price for Out For Justice but as I already said, I don't want any of the US slim line cases on my shelf.

The early Seagal movies when he was contracted to Warners were pretty awesome. Nico, Hard To Kill, Out for Justice were all minor violent action classics. Under Siege was probably his biggest movie and then The Glimmer Man was a decent thriller too.

I'd class all the above as better than Romeo Must Die.

I was a big Jet Li fan when it was released in 2000 and even used to love the rapper DMX but even with those rose tinted glasses I could see it was a steaming pile of dog mess. Absolutely atrocious movie, it took me about three sittings to get through it when I recently revisited it after a fair few years of it being consigned to the loft.

Back to early 90's Warner actioners - Showdown In Litttle Tokyo would be a good release, hell I'd probably even buy Freejack for a laugh!

marty1

When is the die hard quad set released over here, anyone know yet?

Hopefully 3 will be uncut :rolleyes:

Also we need uncut releases of True lies and Indian Jones t.o.d.

Was there ever an uncut Braveheart? I heard rumours that there was a version somewhere where (SPOILER ALERT) his wife gets raped beaten then throat slit???

Smurfin

Distinguished Member
Was there ever an uncut Braveheart? I heard rumours that there was a version somewhere where (SPOILER ALERT) his wife gets raped beaten then throat slit???

There are minor differences between the old UK and US versions, which is simply 1 second where his wife gets her throat cut.

Must admit, when I got Die Hard 3 on US laserdisc after seeing it at the cinema, the uncut version made alot more scene in the relevant scenes.

marty1

Okay this one gets me and I probably should get another thread going for this one.

The pelican brief is badly cut, I'm sure it's not my imagination :rolleyes:

I had the dvd version, when I watched it I realised that there seemed to be an entire scene cut, I remembered seeing it a long time ago on vhs and there was a bit where Denzel and Julia are at a computer trying to hack into a computer, whilst doing this there are guys running up the building that know what they are doing and are coming to kill them, I think they just get away in time. When I watched it on dvd this scene was completely gone??

I thought I may be mistaken but if you look on the cover of the dvd it is actually a shot from that scene.

Explain that if you can :lease:

HugoFJH

Okay this one gets me and I probably should get another thread going for this one.

The pelican brief is badly cut, I'm sure it's not my imagination :rolleyes:

I had the dvd version, when I watched it I realised that there seemed to be an entire scene cut, I remembered seeing it a long time ago on vhs and there was a bit where Denzel and Julia are at a computer trying to hack into a computer, whilst doing this there are guys running up the building that know what they are doing and are coming to kill them, I think they just get away in time. When I watched it on dvd this scene was completely gone??

I thought I may be mistaken but if you look on the cover of the dvd it is actually a shot from that scene.

Explain that if you can :lease:

I was thinking about this scene the other day when I was watching it - I could have sworn I had seen that in some distant past viewing lol

I still love the movie though - absolutely brilliant.

Have to admit I always thought I saw her throat being cut (although it wouldnt have been on LD as I could never afford one when they were available)

As for Segal films - I even like Under Siege 2 (on the train) for some mindless fun occasionally. Still need to get U.S on br though, after originally getting it on HD-DVD. Dont know why I ever got Above the Law on BR though lol

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom