• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Robi and in-car dock connector problems

cheechy

Established Member
Major headache time. I got a Roberts Robi DAB Adapter from my wife for christmas. Whilst this was a great gesture it does not seem very practicle and may well be destined for the back of the drawer.

Why is this?

Well I do not really use my Ipod anywhere but my car now using the integrated ipod connector (using the dock). So basically I've got to use the same dock in my 4G ipod for both the Robi and to connect to the car stereo.

I hate wireless transmitters as they sound hissy and garbage compared to direct connection. In addition why use a DAB device then transmit in FM?

Can anyone think of a way round this? I've tried looking for dual dock adapters but then practically they wouldn't work anyhow as both devices require to take control of the Ipod.

Agh!

tredman

Distinguished Member
cheechy, did you get anywhere with this?

I'm in a similar situation where I would like to add DAB to my car but the only audio in I have to my stereo, is my ipod dock which I use for my Ipod (obviously!)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom