1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

robertsons refuse to price match on 50wt29

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by jumbopants, Oct 6, 2003.

1. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Robertsons refused to price match a Toshiba 50wt29 for 1399, which is the price that http://www.totaldigital.biz/product_info.php/products_id/383 are doing it for, has anyone else had this problem with Robertsons ?? I've even read that someone else in the forums got Robertsons to do this same set for 1400, Also rgb direct said they would price match but I would not get the 1 yr parts and labour warantee, see quote from the return e-mail they sent me -

You will need to order over the phone for this price. However we will only match the price if they are authorised dealers and they don't appear to be on Toshiba's list.

Therefore you will NOT get 1 years parts and labour warranty with the manufacturers.

Had a look at the total digital site and they quite clearly have that they are a Toshiba authorised dealer, is it just these companys don't like to price match ?? I have read not very favourable reviews from total digital, so I'd prefer to get from one of the other internet stores with a better rep., if I can't get them to honour there price promise, Can anyone sugest another store with a good rep. that would price match 1399 from Totaldigital ?? Many thanks for any help...

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy the set from QED, Unbeatable or John Lewis. And not cough cough.... ;-)

3. jumbopants

jumbopants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Cheers for the reply, do you have the link for john lewis, I done a search in google but could not find it, did find the john Lewis site but not that they stock the Toshiba 50wt29, or are there 2 John lewis's ??