1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Robertson's Online Any Good?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by rct, May 16, 2002.

1. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all! Just a word to say that you have a great forum here and I've learned sooo much just from reading the posts. Well with any luck I''ll be getting my hands on a new Philips 9617 Pixel Plus Set.... still not sure whether or no to wait for the Cybertube. Anyway to the point: Has anyone had any experience Good or Bad with Robertson's online. They are offering the set for just £1230 inc VAT and delivery. I was planning on making the trek to John Lewis in Cribbs Causeway but having read the price match thread I'm not so sure! Their returns policy on the website is as follows:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Refunds & Returns

We want you to be totally satisfied with every purchase you make on-line from Robertsons Electrical Ltd. It is our aim to offer you value and quality at outstanding low prices. So if, for any reason, you are not completely happy with your purchase, a full refund, or an exchange of equal value will be guaranteed within 7 working days from the day after delivery of the goods.

If you decide within the 7 days that you would like to return the item, you can either return it to any Robertsons Electrical Ltd store or we can arrange to collect it free of charge. However, the collection of the product can only be completed within Robertsons Ltd trading hours, which is: 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.

If the item has been opened, we will refund or replace as noted above as long as all components (remote control, cables, instruction manuals, packaging, documents, etc.) are returned intact.
    --------------------------------------------------

Any comments? Anyone?

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I considered them once. But when I read that, what put me off is this.......

If they're happy to accept returns even if the box has been opened, what makes you think that you're going to get a brand new TV from them? I would be suspicious that the TV I was getting was second hand........ That's just my opinion of course but worth thinking about :rolleyes:

3. tinkerbell

tinkerbell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi rct,

We have just bought our Panasonic tx28pl10 from Robertsons Online, & got it for (hopefully) a good price - anyway, the tv arrived, but not the stand (city links fault) - received the stand but it was not what we expected. Panasonic had just changed the spec to stands with one shelf instead of two, which wasn`t any good to us - to cut a long story short, we didn`t want the stand, but the older model which was pictured - after a few calls to their freephone number, we got a reduction of £30 & they collected the stand. David was very helpful at Robertsons - I just think we were unlucky, I do think that their service is good & they did their best to resolve the problem - We were going to order from either QED or Robertsons, but chose the latter - just felt more comfortable ordering from them - the tv is lovely.
    3 years ago, had a lot of trouble with Empire Direct, this was before they were on the net - ordered a Sony tv from them - it had a fault, & I had BIG trouble - in the end I got a refund, but only because I reported them to RETRA.

Sorry to have gone on a bit - hope this helps.

Tinkerbell. :)

4. alim

alim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought my tv at John Lewis and they price matched Robertsons just before they stopped internet price matching. They didn't even bother phoning up - just trusted my printout. However, they said that since Robertsons actually have retail premises they would still have price matched it anyway. I would advise that you take a copy of the ad from the internet site and the details of their retail premises and see what JL say. JL can't advertise price matching and then not do it.

5. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just thought I'd say thanks for the quick replies to my first post much appreciated. I'll keep youi all updated. :)

6. HBK757

HBK757
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, spend your money elsewhere. Their after-sales customer service is appalling.

7. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    HBK757- I'm interested to know what went wrong. Were they unhelpful when you wanted to return something or did they just not know what they were talking about (a la Dixons) Please elaborate. Thanks.