Roberts RD15

Discussion in 'Music Streamers' started by Andy3, Dec 27, 2006.

1. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Ah well, after years of denial we've just got ourselves a DAB wireless and I must admit it's pretty good. We got it so we could listen to BBC R7 without being tied to the satellite system, but I've found LBC is pretty good too. The one we wanted was out of stock everywhere, so we settled for a Roberts RD15, which seems to be an out-going model and was going for £49. As luck would have it, we seem to have chosen a decent one. It's DAB only, no AM, no FM, no fancy pause facility and it takes huge D cells so we can listen for several minutes without changing them.... actually they last for 20 to 30 hours depending on how you use the radio. Sound quality is good and the radio itself feels very solid.
    I did the initial scan upstairs to ensure I didn't miss anything and it found several stations from outside our area, but these become unavailable downstairs - only natural I suppose. Compared to the 'hifi' DAB tuner I borrowed a couple of years ago, this radio is very sensitive and has none of the 'bubbly' effects. Pleased so far....:D