Question Roberts 94i battery pack: possible powerbank alternatives?

ShadowMoon

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just bought a Roberts 94i Internet Radio and I'm happy so far.

But there is one point I don't like (and I already knew before I bought the radio): It looks like the rechargeable battery pack does not have enough punch. The 10 hours promised seems a bit optimistic when reading reviews.

So my question is: Does anybody know of a powerbank/powerstation compatible to the 94i and with enough power to keep the radio playing for some hours? What would be recommended?

Many thx in advance!

What is the intended use on battery & how long is "some hours"?

What is the power requirement? The output voltage & current quoted on the AC adapter should give that.

What do you mean with the question for intended use?
I would like to use the radio sometimes without using the main sockets (e.g. garden, etc.).

Roberts gives an assumed playtime for up to 10 hours using the original battery pack.
It seems that 2-4 hours is more realistic. So I would prefer to get some more hours (6-10 hours).

My hope is that somebody already used some good powerbank with enough mAH and DC compatibility that would get a recommendation.

AC adapter output: DC 12V; 2.2A; 26.4VA
Original battery pack: DC 12.6V; 0.52A

What do you mean with the question for intended use?
I meant does it need to be truly portable to move from place to place or just set up in a single position.

No doubt the maximum runtime will only be achieved listening to analogue radio at low volume. Anything requiring DAB or WiFi will soon chew that down. A suitable battery to power it for 10 hours would be something like a 22AH mobility scooter battery costing around £40 just for the battery. You'd then need a charger & make up a fused cable to supply the radio. A nicely packaged solution would be one of the multi-function jump starters like this, but not cheap unless you happen to own one already.

Given how inelegant either of these are, an extension reel of the appropriate length might be as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom