Roberts 93i Music Library problems

vinylscot

Novice Member
Reaction score
Bought a Roberts 93i earlier this week, and overall, I'm quite happy with it.

But when I try to stream music from my PC, it connects, but gives the message that my library is empty. It most certainly is not, and shows as populated in my WMP. I am sure I have all the settings correct on my WMP.

Is there an upper limit to the size of music library which the device can connect to?

Or is there some little step which I may have missed out (don't think so, followed the instructions to the letter, and I do get far enough to get the "Empty message"). While the library is not currently empty, it was, for a period earlier in the week, when I decided to start it again. Is the streamer relying on cached info - if so, how do I get it to use live info - surely it should connect live?

Could it be connected to signal strength? If so, what strength should I need?

Sorry if these questions seem a little basic, but I'm completely stuck.

SLight update. If I look under "Folders" in the streamer, I do get all the folders which should be in the library, but, still thay all show as "Empty" when I try to open them. Is this all just down to a slow updating rocess?

Last edited:
Personally I'd suggest not using WMP. Try something else instead.
Minim server is good for music, but there's plenty to choose from.

Thanks Jamie, I'm currently trying Asset, and having much better results. Unfortunately it uses the "Album Artist" field, so having to perform a certain amount of jiggery-pokery on my files.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom