1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rob Thomas Something To Be

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by derekn, May 11, 2005.

1. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    This is the best album I have bought this year and, despite a problem between it and my DVD32R, I heartily recommend it!

It's 2 sided, CD one side and DVD the other.

The DVD side works fine, all the album tracks in DD 5.1 plus extras - worth the price alone (less than a tenner from Amazon/CDPLUS).

My DVD32R just does not recognise the CD side - "no disc" is displayed, though this CD side plays fine on my other CD player.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm tired of explaining to my wife how sophisticated my DVD32R is ...... she just :) :boring:

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Assuming you have the later mechanism, then maybe the thickness of the hybrid disk is causing issues, there are standards laid down and the DVd32R expects these to play without issue, other machines might slacken their standards to play such disks but performance usually suffers, can you measure the disk accurately (without damaging it)? In the good old days you would send the disk off to John and they would find out what was going on...... Those were the days.....

3. derekn

derekn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Thanks Graham, I think I have the earlier mechanism with 4 silver studs on the inside. As for measuring the cd - bear in mind that I'm the technophobe. I've got a 12 inch ruler, clock, set of kitchen scales and a medical thermometer so have length, time, weight (mass?), and temperature hacked. Missing out on one of those clampy things with a venereal scale on it and also, come to think of it, an electron microscope :) .

You're probably right, and it's great in DD 5.1 anyway.

Regards,

Derek